Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

problem with my boosted sohc

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with my boosted sohc

alrite everything is alrite i bought it the other day and the kid ghetto rigged everything like he still had wires tucked from the ac compressor. man its just a big headache. but she runs rite now shes running on 6lbs of boost..she pulls but i think she should pull harder,alot harder. alrite heres the problem. the flex pipe is blown. so im dumpin raw fuel from there. downpipe is flat cuz the kid had it SLAMMED..so now i gotta raise the car..another problem is that its open wastegate and its [freak]in annoying and i had it for a day. now this is all a ebay turbo kit. i kno i kno they are trash but.. b4 i replace the turbo i wanna replace the downpipe and make it not a open wastegate. and im JUSt startin 2 learn about turbo hondas..soo..be easy wit me ..so any ideas can u please help me out..thank you i appreciate it
Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with my boosted sohc (savethesohc)

I hope you got a hell of a deal on the car...

OK whats done is done. If you want to leave the turbo kit on, check for boost leaks etc. Maybe have it dyno tuned to make sure its fuel management is set up properly. Then drive it and fix **** as it breaks.

OR...if you want, remove all the ghetto crap and bring it back to stock before you kill the engine.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with my boosted sohc (SoullessJapaneseMachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoullessJapaneseMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you got a hell of a deal on the car...

OK whats done is done. If you want to leave the turbo kit on, check for boost leaks etc. Maybe have it dyno tuned to make sure its fuel management is set up properly. Then drive it and fix **** as it breaks.

OR...if you want, remove all the ghetto crap and bring it back to stock before you kill the engine.

</TD></TR></TABLE>x2

Ebay turbo kits aren't complete garbage they just don't last long. the down-pipe is restricting airflow which is crucial for the turbo. If it is building back pressure than can but serious wear on the turbine.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM

yeh of course i got a deal i paid 1100 for the ****..its a 95 si..so i kno i got a deal 1100 is pretty cheap..the dude was desperate for money i dont kno. so my best bet is 2 pull the turbo off and just put it back on wen the engine is ready. i mean she pulls hard for only on 6lbs. but im pretty sure she can do better on 6lbs man its just a big headache but the car was cheap so i had to do it. now wen i pull it the kit off how do i plug the oil pan..or do i just buy 1 from a junkyard and just slap that 1 on. and keep the old oil pan if i wanna go turbo again. i just want her 2 be quiet she so loud wit the open wastegate. so sound bad like it has a leak or something but i guess thats how she suppose to sound..
Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with my boosted sohc (savethesohc)

yeah, just get another oil pan...theyre cheap
Old 08-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you checked the wastegate for a boost leak or a blown gasket. Also are you getting full 6lbs of boost? And by open wastegate, is there no dumptube? I agree with SoullessJapaneseMachine, if it was done ghetto take the kit off and set it back stock. Then sell the kit and put your own kit together. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check if the wastegate has the fire-ring installed.

its a metal o ring.