Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

The Problem the ENTIRE time!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Problem the ENTIRE time!!!!

So everybody knows that back in January I bought this 99 ex with a greddy turbo kit. Everyone knows that i've had NOTHING but fuel problems with this stupid POS and have spent countless hours and lots of $$ to get it running right...and never could...I finally gave up and decided to sell it for a new SI....well after tearing this damn thing apart and putting it back to stock we FINALLY figured out the problem....the dumbass who put the turbo kit in cut the MAP sensor wire at the ecu....yeah a cut wire has been the problem the WHOLE expletive time. Go us. Which sucks because it only through a map CEL once, and then threw a whole bunch of other codes so we thought it was something else....too bad i already decided to sell it...go figure

lesson learned: never buy a used car & never buy a used fixed up car
Old 08-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol dang
Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Problem the ENTIRE time!!!! (modifyORdie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by modifyORdie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So everybody knows that back in January I bought this 99 ex with a greddy turbo kit. Everyone knows that i've had NOTHING but fuel problems with this stupid POS and have spent countless hours and lots of $$ to get it running right...and never could...I finally gave up and decided to sell it for a new SI....well after tearing this damn thing apart and putting it back to stock we FINALLY figured out the problem....the dumbass who put the turbo kit in cut the MAP sensor wire at the ecu....yeah a cut wire has been the problem the WHOLE expletive time. Go us. Which sucks because it only through a map CEL once, and then threw a whole bunch of other codes so we thought it was something else....too bad i already decided to sell it...go figure

lesson learned: never buy a used car & never buy a used fixed up car </TD></TR></TABLE>

Mreh... if you don't buy used cars you end up poor.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The Problem the ENTIRE time!!!! (Paprika)

yeah, you can buy used cars. but dont buy used cars that has been modified.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: The Problem the ENTIRE time!!!! (dillywong)

if he cut the map sensor wire i can only imagine how good of shape the engine is in
Old 08-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The real lesson is, dont spend countless hours trying to fix something without ever taking a look at the connections at the ECU. If he cut the MAP wire you would have had a CEL, and found the problem in 5 minutes with a DVOM.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 AM

Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Combustion Contraption &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The real lesson is, dont spend countless hours trying to fix something without ever taking a look at the connections at the ECU. If he cut the MAP wire you would have had a CEL, and found the problem in 5 minutes with a DVOM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the check engine light was on but as soon as we replaced the map sensor off another car, it started throwing other codes like o2 sensor and too much fuel and other random codes.....however thank god i never drove it around much, because it runs perfect now.