Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Problem with EJ suspension! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with EJ suspension! Please help!

Hey Guys, I need a little help....here's the situation....I have a 95 EJ, with tokico blues, skunk2 camber kit in the front and a set of coilovers, and the 15" SI rims...

my problem is that before I had the camber kit on, I had real bad camber wear on the front tires.....then I installed the skunk2 front camber kit, and got it alligned, but i was still getting slight camber wear on the insides of my tires, just not as quickly as before, so I raised the coilovers but it looks like the wheel/fender gap is too big.....

I still want my car to have that sporty/low stance to it, but I cant seem to get rid of the camber issues....right now, I have about a 3 finger gap between the front tire, and the fender, but want to go lower, but dont know how to fix the problem of the camber, could it be my coilovers or could it be that I need a more "aggressive" camber kit??

I would really appreciate any help and guidance you can give me....thanks!
Old 02-11-2004, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Problem with EJ suspension! Please help! (cash459)

bump.....please help with suggestions....
Old 02-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You will need a more extreme adjusting camber kit.

Well...
I just looked at skunk2's website and it says that they adjust +/- 4 degrees. That's pretty extreme. I dont' really have another solution for you. Look around at some different vendors. Post in the road racing/autocross forum. They know their stuff about suspension.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cash459 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Guys, I need a little help....here's the situation....I have a 95 EJ, with tokico blues, skunk2 camber kit in the front and a set of coilovers, and the 15" SI rims...

my problem is that before I had the camber kit on, I had real bad camber wear on the front tires.....then I installed the skunk2 front camber kit, and got it alligned, but i was still getting slight camber wear on the insides of my tires, just not as quickly as before, so I raised the coilovers but it looks like the wheel/fender gap is too big.....

I still want my car to have that sporty/low stance to it, but I cant seem to get rid of the camber issues....right now, I have about a 3 finger gap between the front tire, and the fender, but want to go lower, but dont know how to fix the problem of the camber, could it be my coilovers or could it be that I need a more "aggressive" camber kit??

I would really appreciate any help and guidance you can give me....thanks! </TD></TR></TABLE>

what did the alignment shop set everything to? Did they give you a printout that shows before/after specs? They should have set the toe to zero degrees (or as close to it as possible).

Whenever you adjust the suspension height it will through off other settings (camber and toe). So set it at the height that you want and have a good shop align it. You shouldn't get too much tire wear if you have zero toe and some negative camber, or you can set camber and toe to zero, but handling will sufer a bit. It's all a compromise.

Steve