Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?"

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?"

I thought i would asked this because i want to know why everytime i stop at a light some kid always wants to race me. sometimes i dont bother with them and sometimes i just have to.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?" (jh)

no, street racing from stoplight to stoplight is the coolest thing in the world. didnt you see 2F2F?
Old 01-17-2004, 06:42 PM

i think if organized properly it's safe. it's more fun than watching cars go down the track if you're not racing.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it's done right and SAFE. Its alright to a point. Twice the speed limit NONO.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?" (J-Unit.com)

Yeah i saw it but to me man its just wasting time and gas. i admit i have done it alot in the past but hell i swear these 15yr olds are all about it.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?" (J-Unit.com)

Heres my thing. I used to do it, but I really regret it. I drive in my friends cars a lot when they race (because they have faster cars than I do and might actually win) and 90% of the time the guy we're racing doesnt stop at a reasonable speed, or starts weaving through traffic, or almost hits someone. Street racing is just like driving regularly, you're not worried about yourself you're worried about what the other moron is going to do. I don't trust ANYONE on the road...so when some asstart wants to race me I give him the finger because I'd rather not waste my time instead of beat some ricer and then watch him keep flooring it to 120 and hit another car...just isnt worth it Track is much more fun...and you can get a time that you can brag about to your friends...so you can do magazine racing instead of street racing
Old 01-17-2004, 06:46 PM

i'd prefer the highway. less traffic, no bistanders, and less idiots. if you're smart about it then go for it
Old 01-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: (B18bEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18bEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd prefer the highway. less traffic, no bistanders, and less idiots. if you're smart about it then go for it </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't. From a stoplight is better...you do it on the highway you get going 110...120...130 and you come up on traffic and haveta slam on your brakes...a 0-60 run from a light is much safer (its not SAFE at all but safER).
Old 01-17-2004, 06:56 PM

i dont go looking for races but sometimes you're at a light and you just have to, going out just to race has to many risks
Old 01-17-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

the funniest thing to do is rev ur car all the way up to redline a few times and get the person thinking ur going to race then when the light turns just drive off normal. this is especially funny if its an area u know there are cops sitting all the time. i got a person to run a redlight because i was reving up at them and looking over at them, its so fun becasue i do this in my accord witch weights 3000 lbs with 100Hp so i aint beating anyone even if i try i guess people mistake my car for being fast because its loud but iam too poor to fix my muffler that fell off......lol its even better to see people break stuff on the line
Old 01-17-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: (biggmike2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by biggmike2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the funniest thing to do is rev ur car all the way up to redline a few times and get the person thinking ur going to race then when the light turns just drive off normal. this is especially funny if its an area u know there are cops sitting all the time. i got a person to run a redlight because i was reving up at them and looking over at them, its so fun becasue i do this in my accord witch weights 3000 lbs with 100Hp so i aint beating anyone even if i try i guess people mistake my car for being fast because its loud but iam too poor to fix my muffler that fell off......lol its even better to see people break stuff on the line</TD></TR></TABLE>
ha ... i don't like light to light racing b/c there is too much of a risk of a car turning out in front of you. and if you think about it, on a normal street most people are doing 45mph, on a highway most people are at 65+. i'd rather come up quick on somebody doing 65-70 than someone turning out in front of me ... just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:18 PM

yeah i was saying i dont race just mess with people because its funny, these are honda's not Z06's unless u have some major mods or a turbo why even try?
Old 01-17-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: (biggmike2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by biggmike2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i was saying i dont race just mess with people because its funny, these are honda's not Z06's unless u have some major mods or a turbo why even try?</TD></TR></TABLE>
good point, 99% of the honda's that try to race have intake or some gay **** like that. i do occasionally race on the highway, but try to limit it
Old 01-17-2004, 07:33 PM

Generally I dont...tonight I had to. Theres something about beating down smug Mustang GT owners

This happened on a near deserted highway...and only to 60mph.

Old 01-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Well, the fastest street race in the world takes place in Long Beach every April.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RangerDan)

haha.......does your brother read this?.lol......John,........btw I finally got the hatch fixed(bodywork) and got my header(AN-R) but tri-city raceway got shut down
Old 01-17-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: (h22John)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22John &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha.......does your brother read this?.lol......John,........btw I finally got the hatch fixed(bodywork) and got my header(AN-R) but tri-city raceway got shut down </TD></TR></TABLE>

Aw you know my bro aint smug....this dude was smug.

I think there still racing autox there this year. http://www.ssscc.org/

The new schedule isn't up but the schedule is done. Might be seeing you in May...3 day race!
Old 01-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?" (Outrun)

HEY OUTRUN...

I assume you mean the Champ Car race at Long Beach!

What a shame that series is on the ropes like that... 5-8 years ago when ALL the manufacturers were still in it with names like Unser, Andretti, Zanardi, and Montoya. I remember goingf to the race in Nazareth (shitty venue, close to home though) on Fridays and practically touching these guys.

To be honest I was sitting on the pit wall during a lul in the action one year and Montoya (rookie year in CART) himeslf sat down 3 feet away ... Didn't know him from boo, so I ask one of the team members if he'll be able to fill Zanardi's shoes. The man's reply, "You'll see."

God bless Zanardi, but that was a fantastic answer.

Those were the good ol' days.

**** Tony George (president of IMS and creator of the IRL)

Anthony "Mario" Crea
Old 01-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?" (Outrun)

if its a v8 or a kid in his brand new $20,000 car that he thinks is the fastest thing out then im always ready to race... but if its some 16yr old in their POS, then i just ignore them, not worth taking the chance...
Old 01-17-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: (RangerDan)

I don't street race.. for some reason I'm too paranoid of cops. I got pulled over 3 times (2 speeding, 1 fix-it) in the course of 5 months. Too many risks involved in street racing.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: (93 EJ1)

Is street racing stupid? No. It spawned the whole hot rod culture and drag racing as we know it.

Are the little punk asses that race on the streets, killing themselves along with innocent people, stupid? Yes.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kyoji)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyoji &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is street racing stupid? No. It spawned the whole hot rod culture and drag racing as we know it.

Are the little punk asses that race on the streets, killing themselves along with innocent people, stupid? Yes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

awsome point! well said..
its the kids that are 2F2F that are trouble
Old 01-17-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: (RaYnE)

street racing on popularized local streets/roads is straight dumb

street racing on industrial ways at night, when you know no cars will come through
Old 01-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

stoplight racing is like banging a fat chick, its fun until one of your finds out your doing it
Old 01-17-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: (BADEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BADEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stoplight racing is like banging a fat chick, its fun until one of your finds out your doing it</TD></TR></TABLE>

omg lol wtf???

Quick Reply: This is prob the worst thread...but "Is Street Racing Stupid?"