Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

prelude seats in a eg?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prelude seats in a eg?

the seats come with sliders and brackets. anybody done it? any modification required?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (CapnKrunch)

I believe you will need to swap seat pans.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (BlueIntegraBoy)

any updates?
can it be done?
Also, will the back seats with the center console fit in a eg haTCH?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (bimmeracer)

Wow this post is back from the dead lol.

Yep the fronts fit right in, I bolted them up to my stock eg rails. 1000% better looking than stock seats. Here's a pic.

Not sure about the back's... I would also like to know if anyones tryed the back seats. The bottoms look like integra bottoms but I'm thinking the back upper wont work unless you got a 2/4 door and wont work for hatchbacks.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Comfy?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I recently put 96 lude seats in my ej8. Not quite the same thing, but the install may be similar.
I took my stock seats and the prelude seats completely apart in order to try to find the best way to do the swap.
Swapping the seat pans was a no go. The prelude pans are longer and wider than the civic pans. Civic pans didn't fit for **** on the prelude foam. Plus I think there were other issues with bolting on the prelude back rest. I can't remember exactly.

I ended up taking the outboard (closest to the door) seat rail off of the civic seat and using it as the outboard rail on the prelude seat.

I reused the existing rail closest to the center console from the prelude seat. The holes do not line up with those on the floor. I ended up elongating the mounting holes on the rail and welding on these fat *** washers. the holes in the washers are the new seat bolt holes. Hard to explain and I don't have a picture.

Some issues with prelude seats...
Prelude seats are super comfy!!
Lude seats sit low to the floor. I am guessing at least an inch lower than stock seats, probably more. It took some getting used to.

Lude bolsters stick way out - this is cool because they hold you in the seat good, bad because your *** scrapes all over them when you climb in and out. I suspect my bolsters will wear quickly as a result.

My center console lid rubs on the inside bolsters of both seats. Again, the lude seats are larger - both wider and longer - than my stock civic seats

The colors kind of suck. I have black, which in certain light looks blue-ish or purple-ish. The other option is blue.

Overall I like them. The best way to put them in I think is just to get the seats and go for it over a weekend.

Modified by jibs at 7:38 PM 7/16/2007
Old 07-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Comfy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I like how the bottom seat adjusts up/down. Overall, I love how they look, their just as comfy as my old EG's, with more adjustability, and originality than integra seats.

Prelude 5g seats FTW!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:20 PM

good to know. So you think the bottom part will fit, but not the top part of the back seat?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (jibs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jibs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recently put 96 lude seats in my ej8. Not quite the same thing, but the install may be similar.
I took my stock seats and the prelude seats completely apart in order to try to find the best way to do the swap.
Swapping the seat pans was a no go. The prelude pans are longer and wider than the civic pans. Civic pans didn't fit for **** on the prelude foam. Plus I think there were other issues with bolting on the prelude back rest. I can't remember exactly.

I ended up taking the outboard (closest to the door) seat rail off of the civic seat and using it as the outboard rail on the prelude seat.

I reused the existing rail closest to the center console from the prelude seat. The holes do not line up with those on the floor. I ended up elongating the mounting holes on the rail and welding on these fat *** washers. the holes in the washers are the new seat bolt holes. Hard to explain and I don't have a picture.

Some issues with prelude seats...
Prelude seats are super comfy!!
Lude seats sit low to the floor. I am guessing at least an inch lower than stock seats, probably more. It took some getting used to.

Lude bolsters stick way out - this is cool because they hold you in the seat good, bad because your *** scrapes all over them when you climb in and out. I suspect my bolsters will wear quickly as a result.

My center console lid rubs on the inside bolsters of both seats. Again, the lude seats are larger - both wider and longer - than my stock civic seats

The colors kind of suck. I have black, which in certain light looks blue-ish or purple-ish. The other option is blue.

Overall I like them. The best way to put them in I think is just to get the seats and go for it over a weekend. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have heard the 4g's install is a lot harder than what my experience with my 5g's was. Mine was pretty straightforward.

I received no seat pan with my 5g's (when I bought them for $50 ), so I just ripped my old EG rails and bolted them straight up to the 5g's. It was just a bolt off/on (no modification required) affair which was fairly easy, accept I ended removing them and putting them back on about 5 times because of bolts I forgot to put on in the first place.. The install took me about 2 1/2 hours, from taking my stock seats out and putting the 5g (1999) prelude seats in.

But one problem I have is when I adjust the bottom seat is adjusts one side more than the other side, so it becomes real crooked when I adjust it way down or way up.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (bimmeracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bimmeracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good to know. So you think the bottom part will fit, but not the top part of the back seat?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, thats what I'm thinking, but I'm not 100% sure. Anybody on HT had any 1st hand experience with prelude backs fitment in an EG?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those look clean... I like the thread pattern that they have
Old 07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude seats in a eg? (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those look clean... I like the thread pattern that they have </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks me too.

I like the 5g's seats shape and thread pattern. I loved them in my old lude, and I had to have a pair for my hatch. I was just so happy that I could pick them up for 50$ in mint condition.