Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power Window Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Switch

Driver's side switch seems to be intermittent in operating the window. Has anyone had this issue? It will always go down, but will intermittently go up.

I thought about taking the switch apart and cleaning the contacts w/ a cleaner.

Is there anything else that I should be checking???
Old 04-19-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Power Window Switch (ExiledinIN)

Go ahead and clean th contacts. A loose plug/wire does the came thing too.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Power Window Switch (ExiledinIN)

Sweet, think I fixed it. It just needed the contacts cleaned (pickup a contact cleaner at any radio shack). I was cheap and only picked up the contact pen which should be around $3.

Checked the continuity per the Helms. This is for the left side master switch. If you look at the switch (blades facing you with 4 blades on top and the 6 on the bottom), label them as:

A B C D
-- -- -- --

-- -- -- -- -- --
E F G H I J

Driver's Window:

With the switch in the Off position, there should be continuity between Terminals H, I, and J.

With the switch in the UP position, there should be continuity between terminals C and J. Also check between terminals H and I.

With the switch in the DOWN position, there should be continuity between terminals C and H. Also check between I and J.

Passenger's Window:

With the switch in the OFF position, there should be continuity between terminals A, B, and E (with the master switch in the ON position. With the master switch in the ON position, there should be continuity between A and B.

In the UP position and master switch in the ON position, there should be continuity between B and E. Also check between A and F.

In the UP position and master switch in the OFF position, there should be continuity between A and F.

In the DOWN position and master switch in the ON position, there should be continuity between A and E. Also check between B and F.

In the DOWN position and master switch in the OFF position, there should be continuity between B and F.