Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

power window problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window problem.....

i know 92-95 honda civics' has a lot of problem with the power window particularly on the passenger side. and yeah, its happening to me also. but i know i should be using a light tool to check which power source is dead but i was wondering if anyone knows right off the head what is wrong with my power window. on the passenger side window, you can push the button to go up but it wont go back down. also, the driver side, you can push the button for the passenger side and it wont work at all. so any ideas????
Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: power window problem.....

Originally Posted by lovelove
i know 92-95 honda civics' has a lot of problem with the power window particularly on the passenger side. and yeah, its happening to me also. but i know i should be using a light tool to check which power source is dead but i was wondering if anyone knows right off the head what is wrong with my power window. on the passenger side window, you can push the button to go up but it wont go back down. also, the driver side, you can push the button for the passenger side and it wont work at all. so any ideas????
if it goes up but not back down, its either a bad switch or a loose wire. because you have power, you just cant push current in both directions.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, i checked it out yesterday and i have power for the ground and power for the button that goes up. so whats next???
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, i bought my car with the driver side wondow goes up and down smoothly by hand only lol. and my main controls on the drivers side doesn't work at all i have to roll my other windows down by reaching over the car and rolling each window by the switch on their doors. i cannot figure out wat the hell is wrong with it, and on top of that my power locks dont work. i preatty much dont have any power going to my driver door.

untill just know i didn't know 92-95's had several problems like this i thought only my car lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1) Check the wire harness with the plug that is where the front of the door meets the body of the car. That was my wiring issue, it sounds similar to yours.
2) In my civic, the passenger side power is regulated through the driver's switch. You might want to look into that switch as well (although I'm not positive yours will be the same deal as mine).
3) You could pull apart the switch, take a pencil, and rub all of the contacts. Graphite is a good conductor, and may help your case.

btw- I had the WORST run around with mechanics regarding my power window issue a few months ago. I had a gut feeling of what the problem was the whole time, and they ignored it. Later I found out that I was right. But they had me replacing motors&regulators, switches, other wiring harnesses....it was a mess.

Hope this helps.