Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power Window/Lock Conversion Question **Those who have done it**

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window/Lock Conversion Question **Those who have done it**

I think I got all the parts I need, or at least most of them. I still cant find tan door panels but I have a more pending question. Im supposing from most of the threads I read that I need the harness that runs from the passenger door, behind the firewall and to the fuse box. I have tried to remove this harness and it is really in back of everything. Does anyone who has done this conversion on an eg have step by step instructions for removing this hanress specifically? Or at least tell me how they did it easiest? Its such a pain and im tired of spending hours wasted at a junk yard. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Window/Lock Conversion Question **Those who have done it**

Anybody?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

These are the guides I used https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/92-95-civic-power-door-conversion-right-way-tons-pics-end-all-swap-2337026/
with this for help http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/albun31/albun42/ for my EG hatch
but neither tells how to do what you want, and I ran up against the same problem, instead of removing everything I just cut the harness on both sides, and ran my own wire, and labeled it all. If you want it all I started out by taking out the dash, and the I started cutting away sound deadening, but if you look on the link I posted, part of the harness you need is in a gray box and thats bolted behind the pedals, so it seems like you'd have to take out the pedals too to make it easier to reach.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to thread jack but will the internals on a 3rd gen integra work on a eg hatch. I'm doing this on my cx hatch and am having a hard time finding some of the same pieces. I have my old teg sitting here and was thinking of using the harness and motor and lifters if possible.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As far as the pass.door is concerned, you do not need the entire harness. If you have time to kill at the junkyard, go ahead and take it, but you do NOT want to replace the one in your car.

All you need for the pass.door harness are:
- The part that connects the body to the door with the accordion rubber, plus at least 12 inches of wire inside, which runs behind the glove box.
- Connector # C414 which connects to the rear harness, and contains 8 wires i think
- There are also two speaker wires (Red/green and Brown/black) in C436 that run over to the door.

I did it this week, so its fresh in my memory. I had a full harness that i stripped out of the junkyard last year, and just pulled out the portion i needed. If you dont have this yourself, then you need the 2 ends (C414 and the door connection), and splice in your own wires in between. Then, run your new 10-wire mini-harness under your carpet or whatever you feel like doing. The best way to install is to get your harness with all 6 feet of wire attached, and feed it in from the outside. I was lucky & didnt need to remove the right fender (had to do the left, though).

With the C414, you have to watch out though. Honda was wise enough to use 2 diff sizes -- 8-wire and 10-wire -- for diff models, so make sure you dont get burned on a mismatch like i did. Stupid ********... the 10-wire one doesnt even use the extra 2 holes.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate the input guys, but im really not a wiring guy, so I really want to plug and play. So if I am able to get the whole harness from behind the firewall, I can feed it through from the outside and it plugs straight into the fuse box? Has anyone done it this way without cutting wires?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rugimpy
I appreciate the input guys, but im really not a wiring guy, so I really want to plug and play. So if I am able to get the whole harness from behind the firewall, I can feed it through from the outside and it plugs straight into the fuse box? Has anyone done it this way without cutting wires?
I really don't think you can do this w/o cutting a single wire. The link I posted has a guy who got the complete interior harness, but you still cut parts off to make a sub harness, if you can get the complete harness from behind the firewall cutting the floor harness to make a subharness is easy.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, so if I am going try to do it this way, as redrocket explained quite well, then let me try to get a visual. The harness that connects from the passenger door runs behind the firewall and goes straight into the fuse box, correct? There are only two ends to it? It doesnt split off and plug into anything else, correct? So if I wanted to make my own harness, I would need the end that connects to the passenger door along with the rubber boot and 12 inches or so of wire, and the connector (C414) that connects to the fuse box along with a little bit of wire? Then I just use extra wire from a floor harness to connect the two? Is this correct?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have a picture of C414 so I can know what im looking for? Thanks.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rugimpy
Anyone have a picture of C414 so I can know what im looking for? Thanks.
Did you read through the first link I posted? It has all the pictures you need step by step. Basically, the harness will plug straight into the fuse box, but the passenger and driver door harness also plug into each other.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I read it, but I wasnt sure which connector was C414. Anyways, I will try to do what you guys recommended and see if I can splice it all together that way.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump, anyone else have any input?