Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

power mirror/navi install help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power mirror/navi install help

ok i am putting power mirrors on my 98 cx as well as the honda access navigation. i have the complete harness for the navi but only the switch, relay and mirrors (for the mirrors) no wiring. what harness do i need for the mirrors, and will my navi just plug into the cx harness-do i need the ex dash harness? (also will that included the necessary ends for the pow. mirrors too?)
thanks honda-heads.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: power mirror/navi install help

did you get it
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM

get it!?......did i get what?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:18 AM

ok a really late update on this, i have it all installed......but the door harnesses i have are from a rhd ek4 (so it had the right connection for the power folding mirrors), the harness that they plug into is from a usdm ex. needless to say it won't freaking do anything (or else i wouldn't be posting this annoying problem) is it because the door harnesses are from a rhd so they are plugin into the wrong side? i really don't know how to disect this problem, i don't know what to look for. any help would be awesome (oh and the navi works fine, just the windows and mirrors won't do anything) thanks for your attention guys and gals.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ek_four
ok a really late update on this, i have it all installed......but the door harnesses i have are from a rhd ek4 (so it had the right connection for the power folding mirrors), the harness that they plug into is from a usdm ex. needless to say it won't freaking do anything (or else i wouldn't be posting this annoying problem) is it because the door harnesses are from a rhd so they are plugin into the wrong side? i really don't know how to disect this problem, i don't know what to look for. any help would be awesome (oh and the navi works fine, just the windows and mirrors won't do anything) thanks for your attention guys and gals.
switch the harnesses from driver to passenger and passenger to driver? do you have an ex floor harness? you're going to have to add wires to the harness for the power folding mirrors.

USDM mirrors dont fold, so the wires are non existent. i dont have the pinout for ek4 doors, but i have it for all the usdm plugs.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM

unfortunately i can't switch them, i tried that first. the plug for the window switch and power lock on each side is different so they have to be on that certain side (the whole doors came from an ek4. window regs/door harnesses/switches/locks/mirrors/etc.)

i need to add wires to the ex floor harness? if anyone has any info on what to add where PLEASE let me know
Old 10-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

unfortunately i can't switch them, i tried that first. the plug for the window switch and power lock on each side is different so they have to be on that certain side (the whole doors came from an ek4. window regs/door harnesses/switches/locks/mirrors/etc.)
but they should be the reverse of a usdm door, so passenger side has a 4pin lock, whereas usdm driver has 4pin, right?

i need to add wires to the ex floor harness? if anyone has any info on what to add where PLEASE let me know
ill look for the pinout, i have it somewhere.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by geneeunit
but they should be the reverse of a usdm door, so passenger side has a 4pin lock, whereas usdm driver has 4pin, right?

ill look for the pinout, i have it somewhere.
im not totally sure, id have to match them up to the usdm power locks/window regulators, its a good chance thats true idk.

and i appreciate your search for the info/diagram.