Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

power mirror help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power mirror help

I have purchased some power mirrors for my 93 civic hatch, and I have the factory power mirror switch but there are only 3 wires coming from the mirrors, and the are a lot more on the switch. Does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for the mirrors?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: power mirror help (trollacoaster)

Is the end cut from the switch. sounds like it. if so and you don't already have it you will need the connector from the fuse panel as well. There maybe another method but this will require less wire splicing. If you have all of this then the wire colors should be the same. At this point its only a matter of running the wires through the doors and cabin. Connect like colors and your done.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: power mirror help (trollacoaster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trollacoaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have purchased some power mirrors for my 93 civic hatch, and I have the factory power mirror switch but there are only 3 wires coming from the mirrors, and the are a lot more on the switch. Does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for the mirrors?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well having done this myself on my 92 Dx hatch I feel your confusion. First, you must get both switch, fuse harness from a hatchback. I got a switch from a coupe and it fried when I connected it. They are not the same so make sure. You will need the fuse harness and you will also need a si floor harness. The wires from the door run through the floor harness, but you can just wire around the existing harness. I got the floor harness so it was done right, but it will still work the other way. Also keep in mind that the wire colors do change in shade but not color itself from year to year. The hardest part was installing the door harness's, but you can just run the wires into the door. Like I said before, I had all the harness's and wired it like it was factory, but you can just run wires. I just preferred the cleaner look of the harness wiring. For some reason the wires coming off the mirrors had to be reverse when I wired it, as connecting like colored wires made the mirror do the opposite as the switch. It was just some troubleshooting, but I fixed it. Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright cool guy I'll work with that. You guys are the first people to even offer help, I appreciate it. Thanks again.