Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power loss problem help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power loss problem help

Hey this is my first post and thought id come here for help. I have a 97 jdm gsr in a 96 civic dx coupe. I been researching almost everything on power loss and hesitation issues and replaced almost everything they replaced which was dumb on my part. My car takes a good 5 seconds to start in the morning and when it cranks over it chuggs like it isnt getting enough gas. After it does start it has all its power and as soon as it warms up it will start bogging down like im pulling a tractor or something. it bogs the whole time after its warmed up. There is no cel but once in a blue moon it comes on and its for the vtec solenoid. Im running a p72 with a jumper harness to the stock wiring harness. It idles fine just loses power when its warmed up. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, rotor button, ignition coil, thermostat, clutch and flywheel. The exhaust is pretty much new also. Probally a month and a half old. I think its a fuel problem because when i changed the fuel filter i had power for three days and then it came back. I got the fuel injectors from pick n pull and ran lucas injector cleaner through them. i did the screw driver to the injector trick and they sound like they are opening properly with no skips. After all this it still persist and I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Old 10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power loss problem help

Have you performed a Fuel Pressure Test?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Trial User

I went to do it today but the gauge they gave me was broke and now the hurricane is starting to hit. Im starting to think it is the ecu. the fuel pressure regulator seems to be fine. I heard you can check fuel pressure by just loosening up the fuel filter screw a little and then turning the key to the on position. If fuel shoots out for 3 seconds then its fine. I basically replaced the whole fuel system so im just thinking its a bad ecu.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just cause fuel shoots out doesnt mean its got the specified pressure that the engine needs to perform well