Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power EX Door swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power EX Door swap

I need a wiring diagram for a 92 dx hatch which i am going to put the ex doors on. i dont know if it is a straight through swap or i have to modify anything on my car. if anyone has done this before and has been successful please help me out.

thanks alot in advance
Old 05-29-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Power EX Door swap (qban84)

Bump.... to the top
Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 AM

No1???? 2theTOP!
Old 05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/albun31/albun42/ last page has diagrams.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
best write up you'll find.

good luck. it sux. i've done it on a vx hatch. i also added power mirrors, cruise, A/C, the whole ball of wax. had a donor car so it wasnt bad as far as parts locating goes.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Power EX Door swap (93b18civic)

Thank you all for the replies ill let you know how it turns out
Old 06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monicle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/albun31/albun42/ last page has diagrams.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You know what the problem with these "HOW TOs" are is that they leave out some of the most vital info out....

The fact of the matter is that they are inconclusive just like any other write up on power doors for EGs.

The only thing that is of value on the write up is the wiring diagrams at the end.

1)At what point in the write up did he mention how he managed to operate the passenger side features from the driver side door...

2)Why did he have to hack away harnesses and jimmy-rig his own wires?

One of my biggest pet peves is when somone is trying to give directions and states "Take the one wire and attach it to the other wire but making sure you're not interfering with the other wire and run the wires together."

It sounds so lame, and you get lost after the 2nd line because the person doesn't know how to give instructions. They should first label each wire and state something to the effects of "take wire A1 and tap into wire A2" or "take the white/red wire and tap into the orange/yellow wire"

detailed pics help a HUGE deal too.....

I've taken it upon myself to contact an exclusive HONDA dismanteling yard here in SoCal and addressed this matter. We are working out a deal to produce an indepth detailed write up on the whole power doors issue with detailed pics and descriptions.

The write up should not leave any unanswered or confused questions.

Old 06-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power EX Door swap (JEM MotorSports)

hrmm. Ive had lots of praise on my write ups. Sorry it wasnt up to your expectations.

if you actually had the parts it would be easier for you to understand. In my diagram it clearly shows the clip that you need to run wires from to connect to the passengers side door. Seeing as the wire colors match up completely its really quite simple to understand. If you manage to find the section of oem harness that connects them all the more power to you. I didnt spend the money on it at the time but would have if i could go back and do it again.
seeing as most people trying to do the conversion arent so interested in how it works and are more concerned with it working i didnt go into specifics explaining what each wire does as it will just confuse people who dont really care.

good luck on your write up. Im interested to see how it turnes out. :thumbsup:
Old 06-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power EX Door swap (monicle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monicle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/albun31/albun42/ last page has diagrams.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used this write-up. It was quite helpful and easy to understand.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power EX Door swap (monicle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monicle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hrmm. Ive had lots of praise on my write ups. Sorry it wasnt up to your expectations.
1) ....In my diagram it clearly shows the clip that you need to run wires from to connect to the passengers side door.
2).....seeing as most people trying to do the conversion arent so interested in how it works and are more concerned with it working i didnt go into specifics explaining what each wire does as it will just confuse people who dont really care.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1)

2) What's the purpose of a write up then???

I rest my case....
Old 06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power EX Door swap (JEM MotorSports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JEM MotorSports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

2) What's the purpose of a write up then???

I rest my case....</TD></TR></TABLE>

To show people how to make it work. Not to show them why it works.

It doesnt bother me that you dont like my walkthrough. It bothers me that youre here bashing it when it was never really the point of conversation anyways. He started the thread asking for diagrams.... I provided diagrams. Besides the diagrams are there for people like yourself and myself who like to know why and how it works. For everyone else the pictures and descriptions are simply there to tell them what to do. Follow these steps and it WILL work, so long as you didnt buy bad parts.
I totally encourage you to make a really great walkthrough that pleases yourself. Im sure alot of people here will find it helpful and itll see alot of widespread use. Again if I had another EG and were to do it again I would do it differently and be alot more detailed. Shoot just look at my power window conversion for a 96-98 civic. http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album106/album206/ it doesnt get a whole lot more detailed than that.

seriously shoot me a pm when you get your walkthrough done. Its nice to see good info around here and I can possibly even link to it from my walkthrough for anyone looking for more details.