Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda

Have you ever heard of someone in a similar situation. My extended warranty ends 5years/50,000miles from mileage when purchased which was 51k miles. My engine blown before the expiration of the warranty. Honda will probably be replacing that engine. The price on a brand new longbock is probably going to equivalent to the price of a JDM B16 Sir2 or Sir1 with hydro tranny swap. The labor to do this swap is not included because that might be a little much. I would probably be paying a difference. I know Scott probably set-up an account before he left to get JDM engines. Do you think Honda would do that with no hassle? Or this just simply unheard of? A friend of mine brought that to my attention and I said hell why not, especially if I not going to need an engine warranty from Honda because I'll get a warranty from the company that sells JDM engine. Only difference is that Honda's warranty will have some good mileage on it, where as with the JDM company the warranty will probably just be startup warranty and maybe a few hundred miles. I would probably have to suply them with a used 99-00 SI ECU and engine harness.

For any of you that read this post had aren't from around here, South Honda is a dealer in Morrow, GA and that is the dealer that sold me my car and provided me with a 5year/50k mile extended powertrain warranty with a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty if used within the 1st year of the 5year period.

I slung a rod and now I have a huge crack in my oil pan, who knows what else is damaged. The car is going to the dealer in the morning.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (SILINITY16)

there is no chance in hell that a manfacturer's warranty will replace your motor with anything that isnt stock. the will probably only pay to put in a rebuilt motor.

if it's a non-factory warranty, then u might have a chance.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (dantastic)

I doubt they'll let you swap in a JDM motor. A friend of mine got lucky and got a JDM GSR motor after his stock motor hydrolocked. But that was through his insurance company. They probably just sent him a check and then he got the motor. But the dealer did do the swap install.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:16 PM

Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (jigga008_99)

Any other replies?
Old 11-10-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (SILINITY16)

<-----Honda dealer

No way are they going to get you anything but a stock engine like your old one.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:27 PM

Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (Blue Si #72)

From what I understand, it sounds like you have a third-party extended warranty. If this is the case they will most likely pay for you to have a junkyard engine installed, which should cost around $1500 parts and labor. If you talk to the service manager you may be able to work something out, but you will still end up paying the difference, which will be pretty substantial.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 AM

Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (93 VTEC)

Certified Honda Extended Warranty 5 year/50k miles
Old 11-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chances are slim... i would not count on it at all
Old 11-12-2003, 09:58 AM

Default Re: This post is for Southside Atlanta, GA members that know about South Honda (Hybrid95CivicEX)

As of yesterday, Honda put me in a rental and they are waiting on a Honda Rep. to come and inspect the engine and tell me if the repair will be covered under warranty.