Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Post axle install... car shudders

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post axle install... car shudders

This last weekend I installed new axles as the others ones were torn apart. I put in the new ones but the lower ball joint on the driver side had the rubber ripped apart. In the end I didnt even remove the ball joint I took it apart from the top and installed them. I couldnt get the axles in with the little clip so I took it off and they popped in. I had read that they werent needed and It should be fine. So I put everything together. Tighten all the bolts with my compressor and refill the tranny fluid and finish. I go to drive the car and between 2- 3k there is a slight shudder during acceleration. Above that the car feels nice and smooth, alot better than before. Anyone know what might be up? Thanks!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Post axle install... car shudders (2manycars2choose)

You didnt use the snap ring on the inner part of the axle? Thats not good at all. Im not sure who told you that it was ok not to use the snap ring, but they were wrong. Do it right. Put the snap ring in.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:54 AM

you need to put that ring back if you don't your axle will pop out, and that is bad... be sure you got the right axle, my friend had the same problem with slight shudder he swap out three new axles and they all was wrong from autozone. until he when to an axle place that sell new and rebuilt axles they gave him the right one, and they told him autozone never know or check what kind of axle they got back from the customer and they send it to remanufacture, and they assume that the right axle.... balh, blah... you know what i mean.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Post axle install... car shudders (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to put that ring back if you don't your axle will pop out, and that is bad... be sure you got the right axle, my friend had the same problem with slight shudder he swap out three new axles and they all was wrong from autozone. until he when to an axle place that sell new and rebuilt axles they gave him the right one, and they told him autozone never know or check what kind of axle they got back from the customer and they send it to remanufacture, and they assume that the right axle.... balh, blah... you know what i mean.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm... I got mine from Autozone. I hate that place but they were the only place with them in stock. How do i go about putting the axle in with the ring on? I tried for awhile and it just wouldnt get in.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:08 AM

Hmmm... I got mine from Autozone. I hate that place but they were the only place with them in stock. How do i go about putting the axle in with the ring on? I tried for awhile and it just wouldnt get in. [/QUOTE]

rotate the axle while you push it in, and if you can't do it that way then use a rubber mallet or a piece of 2x4 and tap it in, or you can get it in as far as can put the other end in the spindel and use the rotor for levelage. take your time it will go in.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post axle install... car shudders (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> they told him autozone never know or check what kind of axle they got back from the customer and they send it to remanufacture, and they assume that the right axle.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

bwahahaha, thats me. nothin like bringing in your old SOHC junk axles and getting nice new GSR axles from the lifetime warranty
Old 04-19-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Post axle install... car shudders (dunkd)

Ok so I put in the round clip and got the ******* in. The car rides so much better and Im more confident in my install! Did it all in under 2 hours too! w00t!!