Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Possible High Idle from booster swap? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/possible-high-idle-booster-swap-3244847/)

CivicBlacksheep 04-12-2015 04:12 PM

Possible High Idle from booster swap?

Hello Honda-Tech. It has been some time since I have posted. The specs: 92 cicix cx, 97 jdm b18c type R. P28 with s300 and a type at base map. THE STORY: I have recently done a ton of work on the braking system of my hatch. Swapped the rear to gsr disc, and the front knuckles to integra fronts. Along with that, I have done a Rywire proportinal valve relocate to behind the firewall. And have used a 96 integra RS- non abs, 4040 proportioning valve with the Matching brake booster and master cylinder. THE ISSUE: before I attempted the swap, it idled around 800-900 RPM. After changing the knuckles and rears, turned on engine, still idled at 800-900 RPM. Then I did the rywire swap, along with the master and booster, after proper bleeding of the system, I turned on my car, idle slowly came above 2k rpm and stays stable. The brakes work great and stops on a dime. But rpm is high. MY THEORY: in my mind, there are a few things that I am pointing at. (1) because the booster is bigger than the original, is it possible that the excess air inside the booster is giving the MAP Sensor a curve ball? (2) I did not replace the check valve in the hose that comes from the manifold to the booster, I am using the same stock cx check valve, is it possible the valve is inefficient to the much stronger integra brake booster? (3) while doing this tuck, I removed the heater core and the abs junk, and re-routed the coolant line to bypass the missing heater core,I bleed the cooling system VIA service manual steps, and "burped" the radiator, is there anyway that not having the heater core or climate control box anymore, would cause a high idle?..... THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Former User 04-12-2015 04:22 PM

Re: Possible High Idle from booster swap?

Post CEL codes.

Disconnect brake booster vacuum hose and pinch it closed. Does this cause the idle speed to drop back to normal?

tony_2018 04-12-2015 05:18 PM

Yeah, remove the vacuum hose that leads to the brake booster from the intake and cover the nipple, if the idle drops than you found your problem.

CivicBlacksheep 04-12-2015 07:00 PM

No CEL codes. I will attempt the booster hose trick tomorrow. And post the results.

CivicBlacksheep 04-18-2015 09:57 AM

So since the last time I posted, a have attempted the brake hose trick to see if it was the booster. So when I removed the booster from the system, disconnecting the hose and plugging it... There was no change in the condition of the high idle. So that eliminates the brake boosted as the culprit. So any other leads of why the car would have a high idle?