Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions?

I was bidding on a JRSC on Ebay. I was out bid with only 10 seconds to go. Well, I got a second chance offer from the seller. I'm in SD, the seller is in Anaheim. Sounds like a pretty good situation, right? Well, I'm getting nowhere with this guy. It seems as though he just wants me to send him money. I don't know what to think. He does have 100% positive feedback.

- Second Chance Email -

You expressed interest in an item titled:JACKSON RACING SUPERCHARGER Item number: xxxxxxx by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item please contact the seller at this email address: xxxxxx@aol.com To learn more about Second Chance Offer go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sel....html Thank you, eBay, Inc.

- Email From Seller-
the price it's your last bid on this item
if you agree with my price please provide me this details asap so i can start this transaction thru eBay.
If everything it's OK they will contact you and you will receive a aw-confirmation invoice regarding how will be complet this transaction in a safe mode.

first name:
last name:
address:
city:
zip:
ebay ID:
item# :
amount:

i don't accept paypal anymore...i had some bad experience with paypal last time i use it...please visit http://www.nopaypal.com

Reply ASAP.

- My Response (Buyer) -

If you don't accept Paypal. How do you propose that I
render payment?

I will be picking up the SC in person.

- Seller Response -
Provide me with the details I asked and you will receive the invoice from eBay.

- My Response (Buyer) -
Give me a call: 619 555-5555

- Seller Response -
Sorry but I am deaf and canr speak on the phone

I have bought and sold many items on ebay. This is the weirdest one by far. Should I continue with this guy or call it quitses?

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions? (creechrr)

too sketchy, i wouldnt risk it
Old 10-03-2004, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Id try it. There are deaf people j/k but do a search on his name etc get his addy and just show up. Give him the money adn take the JRSC. Oh and Deaf poeple can talk on the phone if they have the right phone equipment. My friends parents are both deaf and they have phones to use. It has a key board and what not and a live operator talks to the person.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions? (cnyej1)

Hell also hes just askin for all of your info so that he can make it genuine through Ebay. Then he can send you an invoice and if somthin did ever happen you would be covered.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh and Deaf poeple can talk on the phone if they have the right phone equipment. My friends parents are both deaf and they have phones to use. It has a key board and what not and a live operator talks to the person. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm aware.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by creechrr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I'm aware.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ok, well I was just making you aware in case u didnt know.... so send him your info... what do you have to lose
Old 10-03-2004, 07:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so send him your info... what do you have to lose </TD></TR></TABLE>

At this point that's what I'm trying to decide.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if you send him your info what is gonna happen?? He comes to your house kills your family and steals your car.... hehe j/k
Old 10-03-2004, 07:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if you send him your info what is gonna happen?? He comes to your house kills your family and steals your car.... hehe j/k </TD></TR></TABLE>

Stranger things have happened.

Maybe, some come looking for the SC and the car it's in. I have no idea. His behavior just makes me wonder.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:21 AM

Ive dealt with someone who didnt use paypal. I sent them a money order from western union. 2 weeks later I still hadnt recieved the item, nor had I received any email responces from the seller. I then had ebay send me his contact info. Within hours he sent me an email (ebay also sends a notice to the seller when contact info is sent).

He claimed that he would send the Integra Seats (which is what I bought) within the next day or so. I then replied asking for a tracking number for verification.

4 days later, still no tracking number and once again no responces to my emails. Well since I had his cell number via ebay's contact info, I gave him a call. He picked up and as soon as I mentioned his name he hung up. I took that badly. I then proceeded to file a fraud claim against him through ebay and Square Trade. I also was in the process of filling out the money order form to retrieve my money back, minus the $20 fee for them to do it (heck its better than nothing).

I also kept emailing him all the step by step info on what I was doing. Finally he emailed back stating that he was out of town and that the seats are now in UPS possesion. Still no tracking number.

I told him I will not hold off the fraud and money order processes untill I recieved a working tracking number. The very next day I got one. I still held on to all my forms until I actually got my seats.

The seats finally came, just wrapped in plastic (no box no nothing) but in good shape. I emailed him verifying that everything was here. I then closed all fraud claims and discarded money order retrieval paperwork.

I guess what Im saying is if you wanna go through all this you can. But I dont think it will work for you because you really didnt win the auction. I even think is against ebay rules for them to solicit you like that. If anything have him make you a private auction and you can close on that. That way you have a real auction to work with.

Mike!
Old 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions? (Mikerocosms)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mikerocosms &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I guess what Im saying is if you wanna go through all this you can. But I dont think it will work for you because you really didnt win the auction. I even think is against ebay rules for them to solicit you like that. If anything have him make you a private auction and you can close on that. That way you have a real auction to work with.

Mike!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Its not against the rules because technically it would change him to the winning bidder. Look at the link put posted.... its your call man.... it really might be a deaf person who has no idea how this is supposed to work or it could be a scam. Do as u like
Old 10-03-2004, 07:33 AM

Ok thats interesting. Im an oldschool ebayer. When I started it was different. I guess they changed the rules. I would still feel more comfortable with a seperate private auction.

Mike!

Modified by Mikerocosms at 10:31 AM 10/3/2004
Old 10-03-2004, 07:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its not against the rules because technically it would change him to the winning bidder. Look at the link put posted.... its your call man.... it really might be a deaf person who has no idea how this is supposed to work or it could be a scam. Do as u like </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think I will give it one last shot with this guy. I just have a bad feeling.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've learned the hard way that I should back out any time I get a bad feeling. You will too.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:51 AM

i think you should really keep it cool!What i mean is ,dont get desperate and jump into this if your not sure!You dont want to end up losing money and feeling like **** after wards!Make sure that the auction is connected fully through ebay and that the seller has more than 20 feedbacks.This way you can just go over everything and not be suckerd.You can always find a supercharger somewhere else maybe more expensive but,it'll be secure.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Seller Response -
Sorry but I am deaf and canr speak on the phone

call him using IP-relay.net the phone site for deaf people and see what he says
Old 10-03-2004, 08:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i wouldn't do it
Old 10-03-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions? (RotiEatter)

Do NOT risk it! A similar situation happened with me over a year ago, and I ended up losing $2,800
Old 10-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don' t do it JRSC are on Ebay all the time. Let this go.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:04 AM
eLUDEnu

Default Re: Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions? (Del Sizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del Sizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don' t do it JRSC are on Ebay all the time. Let this go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah if you have a gut feeling dont do it
Old 10-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a scam, I've had the same response to mine also. I was going to buy a laptop and all of a sudden the person selling is deaf and can't speak on the phone.. What are the chances that your seller and mine are the same? DUMP IT.. WALK AWAY.. :thumbsdwn:
Old 10-03-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Re: (skt)

Thanks for the replies.

I'm moving on and looking for a different JRSC.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (creechrr)

get tell him to AIM or instant message you.

Old 10-03-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: (Cnote)

good idea
Old 10-03-2004, 10:36 AM

bbb.org

Quick Reply: Possible Ebay Scammer: Opionions?