Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Possible buy need help with pics identification

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible buy need help with pics identification

possibly buying this hatch.. i will be driving 5 hours to take a look at it tomorrow

just need to know what you guys can see from the pics..the girl on the phone doesnt know anything about the car.

look like accord rims?
inetgra seats?
s2k steering wheel?
minor lip kit?
turbo timer on top of sttering wheel?
double decker radio?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Possible buy need help with pics identification

Looks like EM1 (99-00 Si) wheels, USDM ITR seats, JDM ITR steering wheel, and CTR lip (replica?).

I also see what looks to be a CTR cluster (or an Si cluster with yellow needles), CTR wing, CTR mirrors, CTR door panels, EX armrest...
Old 06-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much is she asking? Be careful that its not a scam or stolen. I don't think i've seen a civic like that that the owner "knew nothing" about.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would get the vin from her and do a check on the vehicle.

carfax, check to see if stolen and such

How much is she asking? Be careful that its not a scam or stolen. I don't think i've seen a civic like that that the owner "knew nothing" about.
i agree
Old 06-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea def carfax this thing.. and it looks like a double din radio something that either has DVD or NAV on it
Old 06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its one of those " must leave town ASAP" type of deals, but it happens all the time where i live in alaska.

girl claims her x boyfriend did all the work and such and she says the title is in her name. she is asking 5,5k
Old 06-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hushypushy
Looks like EM1 (99-00 Si) wheels, USDM ITR seats, JDM ITR steering wheel, and CTR lip (replica?).

I also see what looks to be a CTR cluster (or an Si cluster with yellow needles), CTR wing, CTR mirrors, CTR door panels, EX armrest...
true, and ctr floor mats, but with a b series swap: b16??, boosted

Last edited by ej1love; 06-27-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ej1love
true, and ctr floor mats, but with a b series swap: b16??, boosted
How many CTR's came with floor mats that say Integra Type R?

Those look like USDM ITR floormats due to the large lettering. CTR's came with red floormats...and JDM ITR and CTR floormats have a much smaller Type R "badge" on them.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hushypushy
How many CTR's came with floor mats that say Integra Type R?

Those look like USDM ITR floormats due to the large lettering. CTR's came with red floormats...and JDM ITR and CTR floormats have a much smaller Type R "badge" on them.
sorry brain fart, i know what they look like my buddy has em in his hatch(ctr)...honest mistake.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I figured. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time on it. You brought it up though, I didn't even bring up the mats in my original post...
Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 PM

that's not a jdm itr steering wheel..most likely CTR. teg and EG steering wheels wont fit the column of an EK w/o a column swap.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by laocivic
that's not a jdm itr steering wheel..most likely CTR. teg and EG steering wheels wont fit the column of an EK w/o a column swap.
Good point--you're correct. That is 99.99% a CTR wheel, unless that person did something crazy with the column.

This is why I made the mistake. Do you know which is a CTR wheel and which is ITR?

(the first one is EK9, the second is DC2 SRS. they look identical, in fact, I think they are apart from the hub)
Old 06-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys.. appreciate all the help.

car in person was kind of ghetto-fied. i cant stand that stuff.

car has an exhaust leak on the downpipe and sounds horrible right now. someone tried welding it before and didnt succeed.

motor is quite dirty and a valve cover leak with possibly other oil leaks and wont know until i start at the top.

it is a b16a2 motor and it appears the harness is jumped to an obd 1 system. illegal i know and i dont know what ecu it is...couldnt read the code.

CEL came on.. i jumped it (remeber obd 1 system lol) and code 43 came up. fuel system insuffeciant or something along that effect. it only comes on 2 min into drive.

from what i can tell with the fuel system without taking anything apart is a warlboro pump...very loud on key on. black injectors with no writing on them installed. im guessing those are quite bigger but have no clue.

seller also has silver injectors in the driver door jam. missing screens and i would assume those are the stock b16 injectors.

rack and pinion gurgles 3/4 turn

tires are oversized...appear to be 195-60-15 or something stupid like that. you could tell they were ballons.

illumni white adjustable struts that dont ride as nice. must be blown or whatever.

stock brakes

missing the head unit.. dam...if i do get this i have to drive 5 hours with no radio.. guess i have to buy an ipod or something.

the whole turbo setup looked handmade.. so i would be selling the turbo pieces and returning the stuff to just plain b16a2. does have a front moutn intercooler.

unknown boost pressure.. it feels very close to 8-10 psi.

some stupid racing clutch... no give at all. i will be putting in a stock one very very soon. i dotn want people calling me "eileen" with my muscular left foot compared to my right foot.

proably a lightned flywheel.. rpms skyrocket to redline at idle

the motor does pull alot better than what i first thought. distinctive vtec note.

no grinds when shifting fast.. this in itself is a huge plus!!! i cant stand grinding trannys or stuff that pops out of gears.

im going to low ball her since there is alot of work labor wise that will need to be done to make it worthy for "me" to even drive. i will see if she bites!!

thanks guys..appreciate all the help

Last edited by waaBAAH; 06-28-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you know your stuff, but it also sounds like that car is a p.o.s. I would pass on it if I were you, but then again I am not from Alaska. Hondas probably aren't nearly as easy to come by as they are in California.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

especially white HB's. i think only like 1500 were made.

and 2000 HB was the only year you could get that white. they got rid of that plum color to make room for the white!

great job honda...a littel to late on your color choices. you should have never made that plum color...didnt you learn your lesson on the 95 civic coupes with the purple color? lol

Last edited by waaBAAH; 06-28-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That doesn't look like a 2000, it's probably a respray....or did they put the 96-98 front on a 2000?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is a 2000. door jam sticker says so. jams and hood are beautiful if it was a repaint.

and the front bumper does look a little out of place color wise in picture and in person so i bet your right in that it is an older bumper.

i asked if there were any parts left over and she said she threw them all away!! /thud

i was looking up the parts yesterday for price wise and some of those thigns go for quite a bit.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ended up getting this.. its actually nicer then i thought. thanks guys
Old 07-09-2009, 06:46 PM

how much you get it for
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by waaBAAH
thanks guys.. appreciate all the help.

car in person was kind of ghetto-fied. i cant stand that stuff.

car has an exhaust leak on the downpipe and sounds horrible right now. someone tried welding it before and didnt succeed.

motor is quite dirty and a valve cover leak with possibly other oil leaks and wont know until i start at the top.

it is a b16a2 motor and it appears the harness is jumped to an obd 1 system. illegal i know and i dont know what ecu it is...couldnt read the code.

CEL came on.. i jumped it (remeber obd 1 system lol) and code 43 came up. fuel system insuffeciant or something along that effect. it only comes on 2 min into drive.

from what i can tell with the fuel system without taking anything apart is a warlboro pump...very loud on key on. black injectors with no writing on them installed. im guessing those are quite bigger but have no clue.

seller also has silver injectors in the driver door jam. missing screens and i would assume those are the stock b16 injectors.

rack and pinion gurgles 3/4 turn

tires are oversized...appear to be 195-60-15 or something stupid like that. you could tell they were ballons.

illumni white adjustable struts that dont ride as nice. must be blown or whatever.

stock brakes

missing the head unit.. dam...if i do get this i have to drive 5 hours with no radio.. guess i have to buy an ipod or something.

the whole turbo setup looked handmade.. so i would be selling the turbo pieces and returning the stuff to just plain b16a2. does have a front moutn intercooler.

unknown boost pressure.. it feels very close to 8-10 psi.

some stupid racing clutch... no give at all. i will be putting in a stock one very very soon. i dotn want people calling me "eileen" with my muscular left foot compared to my right foot.

proably a lightned flywheel.. rpms skyrocket to redline at idle

the motor does pull alot better than what i first thought. distinctive vtec note.

no grinds when shifting fast.. this in itself is a huge plus!!! i cant stand grinding trannys or stuff that pops out of gears.

im going to low ball her since there is alot of work labor wise that will need to be done to make it worthy for "me" to even drive. i will see if she bites!!

thanks guys..appreciate all the help
do it! with a lil clean up work and un jimmy riggin this thing will be bad *** as long as carfax and title are clean!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by waaBAAH
ended up getting this.. its actually nicer then i thought. thanks guys
oh...lol you did! how much you grab it for?! clean title and carfax?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

4k got it for.. so far around 4500 fixing all the little stuff.

fixed the exhaust.. it did have a major oil leak coming from oil psi sender and/or the oil lines from the back of the block.

it does smoke a littel oil at idle which i am getting the turbo rebuilt very soon.

had to buy a new boost controller since the old owner had it wired to the radio which when they removed must have burned it out.

i had to buy a new radio... then new speakers since old ones rattled very bad.

i did notice the front doors had factory mounted equlizers or amplifiers.. maybe that is a jdm option or something??? there are in a glass case and teh connections are pretty rusty. also the door locks themselves dont match the key.

the alarm is way to sensitve and im looking into that now.

the car is factory white but the did respray it championship white. around teh rear window is the only place you can tell about the paint issue. car is glossy in person.

anotehr weird thing is there is a salvage build signoff inside the door frame on the shell itself saying it is a salvage signoff and passed washington state inspection. whats weird about it is the title doesnt say salvage on it anywhere..and the new title i recieved doesnt say anything about a salvage. /shrug

rear hatch shocks are leaking...bought new the otehr day.

poly bushings throughtout the whole entire car.. blows on alaskas road but the car has a very tight feel.

ostrich emulator on it with hondata s100 chio. the s100 chip is broken or somethign since i get long slow flashes.

car gets 24 MPG...cruising is at 14.7.. and any boost will dip low to 10.0 so it is running rich.

on teh other hand...i think the boost controller has a high and low setting. since the boost controller doesnt work i beleive the boost is set for low boost whcih may be why it runs rich on boost. the new controller i will see whats up with that.

rear control arms are not factory.. they are bronze in color and have star cutouts.

the intercooler is way huge....way bigger tehn what i thought. at least a foot high.. lol

has rear discs.. so possibly a rear disc conversion since i dont think ek hatches came with rear disc.

thats about it... everytime i look at something i can tell someone dumped alot of money on it. lol the girl said her x boyfriend built the car. when i asked if possibly i could call him to find out what was done (since she kept saying.. "i dont know..i dont know) she responded i couldnt call him because he was in prison. lol maybe this car is where he dumped all his money into. it is just a guess but i dont know.

Last edited by waaBAAH; 07-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.