Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ported Head/Intake? Crappy Pics

Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ported Head/Intake? Crappy Pics

So I was changing my intake manifold gasket out for a Password JDM spacer/gasket and noticed that the intake runners seemed to have been smoothed out. There were no rough casting marks that I could see. I looked at the head and the bridge in the intake ports felt like they had a nice edge on them. Similarly, they too had no rough casting. Car is a Second Gen JDM B16A. I compared my manifold to my brother's '88 Prelude and it was obvious somebody had done something to my motor. What I'm wondering is, is my head ported? Or did somebody simply get adventurous with a Dremel tool at some point in time? I'm attaching some pics I snapped with my phone. They really suck, but maybe somebody can shed some light?

The intake runner pics are hard to tell because they are dirty. Sorry about the crappy pic quality!

*EDIT* WOW, I'm not sure why these pics are so big!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ported Head/Intake? Crappy Pics

dang those pics are crap.
but they definetly look ported. you can tell by where the valve guide area. and the walls. its still shiny.
and the intake mani is matched because between the opening and the actual sides there isnt much room anymore.
and dont compare it to a completey diff motor and car.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the intake does seem very smooth. it may have had a pnp not a huge one maybe something to clean it up or something..
Old 03-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies
dang those pics are crap.
but they definetly look ported. you can tell by where the valve guide area. and the walls. its still shiny.
and the intake mani is matched because between the opening and the actual sides there isnt much room anymore.
and dont compare it to a completey diff motor and car.
That's what I was thinking, but I was only comparing it with the Prelude intake manifold to see if there was less casting, not for intake runner size or anything, I know that's different between them. I warned you guys about the crappy pics...lol The kid I bought the car off of said it had head work done, but he also told me a lot of other **** that turned out to be 100% wrong. I guess it's a good think that intake gasket was leaking because it gave me a chance to check things out a bit.

Thanks for your thoughts Gents!