Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLZ read guyss A/C INSTALL !!

Old 09-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLZ read guyss A/C INSTALL !!

Sup all H-Ters

this weekend i plan to install my ac unit in my 99 EK.. the unit is off from a 00 si and i think i have all of it. EXPECT for the nuts and bolts....

now does anyone know of a link or anyone who could give me some info on HOW to install the ac unit in my car... i have a pretty good idea... as someone helped me out with the following link..

http://www.hondaautomotivepart....html

but the picture quality is kinda weak on them and so is the writings as well..

anywyas if anyone has installed or has some info on all the hardware as well as the brackets i might need. plzzz post up the link ..

thanks a million fellow HONDA-TECH MEMBERS !!

plz help guys peace !!
Old 09-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLZ read guyss A/C INSTALL !! (integraver)

bump...
Old 09-09-2004, 04:36 PM

Old 09-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLZ read guyss A/C INSTALL !! (blustreek99)

thanks for the free bump.. help guys .. i need to install it right away.. BEFORE THE SUMMER ENDS haha
Old 09-09-2004, 07:48 PM

what parts do you have?

all you would need that i can think of is the compressor, the low & high side compressor lines, 4 long bolts that mounts the compressor to the motor. i assume you have the rest of the a/c system?
Old 09-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its easy but make sure you get it pressured tested after install and get all New O-rings and lube them when installing them to prevent leakage.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLZ read guyss A/C INSTALL !! (BatuKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BatuKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its easy but make sure you get it pressured tested after install and get all New O-rings and lube them when installing them to prevent leakage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah this is the kinda advice im looking for.. hmmm i didnt know we were supposed to lubricate the O-rings and what are the Orings anywyas ? grrrrrr i am in a state of PANIC!!! plzz help guyss
Old 09-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integraver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what are the Orings anywyas ? grrrrrr i am in a state of PANIC!!! plzz help guyss </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok not to be mean but if you dont know what they are for then please dont put in the AC system. you do realize it needs to be clean and not have any debris inside the tubing,

THe O-rings are what seals the connection of 2 lines so it doesnt leak. also get a new reciever drier and do not install it untill you get the system vaccumed.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLZ read guyss A/C INSTALL !! (BatuKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BatuKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok not to be mean but if you dont know what they are for then please dont put in the AC system. you do realize it needs to be clean and not have any debris inside the tubing,

THe O-rings are what seals the connection of 2 lines so it doesnt leak. also get a new reciever drier and do not install it untill you get the system vaccumed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

u r being MEAN .. wait i know what orings are but now im even more sure of them..

hey but the installatoin manula doesnt really talk abt the system being vaccumefd? u think its better of getting it done from some place else