Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Plug in old LS VTEC head need to be removed?

Old 05-03-2019, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug in old LS VTEC head need to be removed?

What's up everyone! This head used to be on an LS VTEC. I'm putting it back on a B18C now. I can't remember if this plug is supposed to be there or not? I know the one on the surface of the head needs to come out, but not sure about this one.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 05-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug in old LS VTEC head need to be removed?

Yes, that one MUST stay in the head. If you remove it, you will not create enough oil pressure to lock up the VTEC rockers. Only remove the one facing the head gasket surface... and make sure that the plug is re-installed in the hole on the back right side corner that the external oil feed line was connected to on the LS/VTEC engine.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug in old LS VTEC head need to be removed?

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 View Post
Yes, that one MUST stay in the head. If you remove it, you will not create enough oil pressure to lock up the VTEC rockers. Only remove the one facing the head gasket surface... and make sure that the plug is re-installed in the hole on the back right side corner that the external oil feed line was connected to on the LS/VTEC engine.
Thanks very much! After looking at it a bit more I figured if it was removed oil would come out there and wouldn't build enough pressure for VTEC to work. I definitely won't forget to plug the hole where the fitting was!

Next need to check v2v and p2v clearance and then pop it in!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: