Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (mastersmite)

I love my EK, but I'd like to have a EJ1 or EJ8.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (EK tommy)

I have a 4 door eg but I would love to have an eg hatch.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (marquisdee1018)

i <3 coupes
hatches are nice...but coupe looks better...cleaner...and dont really need that much work to make them look good...i love to roll with my windows down roof open and bumping my busic in my em1
Old 09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
pli
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (mastersmite)

i prefer the hatch. unless its an si, then i'd get the em1.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:18 PM

neither
get a four door and keep it stock looking
and spank some a$$
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: (1tuffbb6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1tuffbb6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does everyone call the Midori only made in 96 an EK its an EJ!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You OCD fudgepacker,

I know a midori is a EJ6. EK is quicker to type ********. I also know its a 96 only color...whats the point of mentioning that? Jesus ******* christ. ****!.

This better for ya:

My 99-00 fronted 1996 Honda Civic CX EJ6 D16Y7 Midori Green Pearl gay *** no options (did have AC) ***** brakes, roll up window crap:

Those *****^^ are overrated. I wish we had gotten a Type R coupe with a 5 lug and B16B.

Modified by Yo soy el triunfo at 11:28 PM 9/5/2007

Modified by Yo soy el triunfo at 11:29 PM 9/5/2007
Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (dc2 frm da island)

I would go with the hatch, but that just me.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (GotEK9)

Hatches are sweet. They're little "no bullshit, no extras" little pods, if that's what you like. All in all, it's up to you if you like the look, and the weight reduction of a hatch, or if you like the look of a coupe.

Hey, why not go for something else and get a four door?

EDIT: I love my little hatchback, but that's just me. Think about what you want. Is it crucial for you to sacrifice trunkspace for a little weightloss? If it is, the hatchback may be good for you. If not, the coupe would be good.

Do you like the stout look of the hatchback more than the sleeker look of the coupe?

Do you want comfortable passengers and a slick looking ride? If you do, the sedan may be for you.

It's all about what you want, why are you asking us?

Modified by BlackoutVTi at 9:35 PM 9/5/2007
Old 09-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (BlackoutVTi)

4 doors are nice but heavy... be like me, buy a hatch hella light eg hatch lighest modle hatch (i believe)
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (1tuffbb6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1tuffbb6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does everyone call the Midori only made in 96 an EK its an EJ!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Because they're lazy. "J" is soooo far away from "K" on the keyboard. And having to press a number too... that's just so much work.

Usually it's because they don't know any better though. Either way, when someone says "EK", they appear not to know even know what an EK is.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bmoua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i prefer the ej8/em1...it has more room and comes with a sunroof haha. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Actually, the coupes have less room (in particular, the EX and Si) than the hatch does.

Please read the next response for more elaboration.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mastersmite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">personally, i prefer coupes, i have an 00 Si. imho they look better and i am kinda tall so i bang my head on the hatches if i am reaching in the back. also, having roll-up windows and a sunroof is very nice too.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why do you bang your head? Hatches have more headroom than the Si does.

'96-'00 Civics without moonroofs have 1.4 inches more front headroom than '96-'00 Civics with moonroofs. They also have 0.8 inch more rear headroom than the Civics with moonroofs. Both the EX and Si coupes have moonroofs, and thus have lower ceilings. Other passenger measurements are all the same for both the coupe and hatch models.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK tommy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love my EK, but I'd like to have a EJ1 or EJ8.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Or an EJ6.

Just picking on you.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i prefer the hatch. unless its an si, then i'd get the em1.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Why?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95_acc0rd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4 doors are nice but heavy... be like me, buy a hatch hella light eg hatch lighest modle hatch (i believe)</TD></TR></TABLE>
The 4th gen hatch and CR-X models (both being hatch type models) are both lighter if I recall.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:05 PM

i personally am a fan of the Coupe body style, i also want the power options and im hoping to sell my 95 dx soon for an ek coupe with power options
Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (dc2 frm da island)

DAT??? what DA expletive is that???

hatch all the way
Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Because they're lazy. "J" is soooo far away from "K" on the keyboard. And having to press a number too... that's just so much work.

Usually it's because they don't know any better though. Either way, when someone says "EK", they appear not to know even know what an EK is.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You talking about me? Even though I played your little nomenclature games. Also, dont let join dates fool you. I have been many names, for many years.

So I guess with you elites, I have to type out everytime that my:

EK hatch was EJ6

EK coupe is a EJ7...?

Guess what. Either 96-00 car I had is gonna be a god damned EK if I want it to be. The 94 coupe I had is gonna be an EG, yes its easier to write than EJ1. And yes, I do know exactly what each chassis code is, but it wont make me any cooler to spout that kinda crap off everytime I talk about a USDM 92-95 sedan that isn't a DX or LX, 93-95 del Sol S, or 94-97 VTEC.

Those EJ1, EJ2, EH6, EH9, EH2, and EH3's guess what...them ***** are EG's dammit.

Those EJ6, EJ7, EJ8 and EM1's....them ***** are EK's. Sorry.

w00t for the EG coupes and the EK coupes!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (Yo soy el triunfo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yo soy el triunfo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You talking about me? Even though I played your little nomenclature games. Also, dont let join dates fool you. I have been many names, for many years.

So I guess with you elites, I have to type out everytime that my:

EK hatch was EJ6

EK coupe is a EJ7...?

Guess what. Either 96-00 car I had is gonna be a god damned EK if I want it to be. The 94 coupe I had is gonna be an EG, yes its easier to write than EJ1. And yes, I do know exactly what each chassis code is, but it wont make me any cooler to spout that kinda crap off everytime I talk about a USDM 92-95 sedan that isn't a DX or LX, 93-95 del Sol S, or 94-97 VTEC.

Those EJ1, EJ2, EH6, EH9, EH2, and EH3's guess what...them ***** are EG's dammit.

Those EJ6, EJ7, EJ8 and EM1's....them ***** are EK's. Sorry.

w00t for the EG coupes and the EK coupes! </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not talking about you in particular. You're not that special.

And they won't ever be EKs, no matter what you call them. I can call my Civic a Firebird however much I want to, but it will never be one.

And I doubt you know "all" the chassis codes even close to how I know them. You don't even seem to be sure what your own "EK coupe" was.

EF, EG, EK... they're all just slang terms. They'll never actually be EFs, EGs or EKs unless Honda decided they were in the first place. No matter what.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM

See what you started?

Buy whatever shell you can for the best price/condition. Just put something nice inside and people, most importantly you, will like it no matter which body style. Build the best car possible for your money. IMO the EM1 is the best body style ever. Followed closely by the 99-00 "EK" sedan.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm not talking about you in particular. You're not that special.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not the one who thinks I'm special. That would be you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And they won't ever be EKs, no matter what you call them. I can call my Civic a Firebird however much I want to, but it will never be one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what the car ACTUALLY is. When speaking IRL, "EK coupe" sounds better than "EJ8" and when typing "EK" is less than "EJ6"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And I doubt you know "all" the chassis codes even close to how I know them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You act like its such an accomplisment...especially when the official Honda site has that info, and motor codes, HP, gear ratios, trim level names, and more on their site. And the Euro ones, you just find randomly, and the USDM, you see vins of type of cars for sale, or look at vins in junkyards.

This info is not that difficult to find, nor is it a special acheivement. No, you don't deserve a pat on the back.

You don't even seem to be sure what your own "EK coupe" was.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fool. The question mark was implying "I have to do it like THIS???"

Now you're grasping at straws. How could someone who shows a knowledge about this admittedly useless **** not know what their own car is?

Since you need it spelled out in **** retentive terms:

R-81 Milano Red Honda Civic HX coupe EJ7 D16Y5 SOHC VTEC-E.

Jesus the **** Christ.

Or better yet;

Red EK coupe.

EF, EG, EK... they're all just slang terms. They'll never actually be EFs, EGs or EKs unless Honda decided they were in the first place. No matter what.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since you and that other guy have such a supereriority complex about chassis codes- no less, you might not notice that YES, we are using it as slang and are all not ill-informed.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:03 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by Yo soy el triunfo
I'm not the one who thinks I'm special. That would be you.
Special, yes, but not in the same way which I was referring to.
I know what the car ACTUALLY is. When speaking IRL, "EK coupe" sounds better than "EJ8" and when typing "EK" is less than "EJ6"
That's a matter of opinion. To me, "EK coupe" sounds retarded since there was never an EK chassis Civic coupe produced by Honda. It sounds uneducated. Educated enough to have heard a basic chassis designation, but not smart enough to know what they really mean.
You act like its such an accomplisment...especially when the official Honda site has that info, and motor codes, HP, gear ratios, trim level names, and more on their site. And the Euro ones, you just find randomly, and the USDM, you see vins of type of cars for sale, or look at vins in junkyards.
Actually, no, it doesn't.

And going out to look at cars in person is way too much hassle. Anyway, just seeing a car for sale doesn't tell em the engine code and such (or even what the trim really is, since badging can be altered or removed). I don't want to be followed around by a salesman just to open all the cars up. What a pain in the ***.

And those Euro ones aren't quite as random as you might hope.
This info is not that difficult to find, nor is it a special acheivement. No, you don't deserve a pat on the back.
I'm not asking for a pat on the back, but it's not as easy as you try to make it out to be.
Fool. The question mark was implying "I have to do it like THIS???"

Now you're grasping at straws. How could someone who shows a knowledge about this admittedly useless **** not know what their own car is?

Since you need it spelled out in **** retentive terms:

R-81 Milano Red Honda Civic HX coupe EJ7 D16Y5 SOHC VTEC-E.
You are really overreacting to this.

I'm not grasping at straws. You have to realize that your poor attempts at sarcasm cannot be read as easily online. You are not showing any emotion through your text, save for that you seem pissed off, annoyed, and that you want to put me down as saying that those chassis codes in the thread I made are common knowledge or something.

A chassis code is not useless. Walking up to a car, I can read the VIN and simply know what that car should have been supplied with by Honda from the factory. Plus I can know the options and such too. A chassis code can confirm to me what trim a car is, even if someone has tried to make it look like another trim.
Jesus the **** Christ.

Or better yet;

Red EK coupe.

Since you and that other guy have such a supereriority complex about chassis codes- no less, you might not notice that YES, we are using it as slang and are all not ill-informed.
I can realize some people are... but you don't seem to realize it confuses the noobs who don't know any better. It spreads misinformation and to the more knowledgeable people puts you into the same lot as the unknowing noobs.

If you really have been on here under other names, pray tell, what might those other names have been? Why did you abandon those user names?

Come on, I'm sure we can get you up to 20 post tonight!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a matter of opinion. To me, "EK coupe" sounds retarded since there was never an EK chassis Civic coupe produced by Honda. It sounds uneducated. Educated enough to have heard a basic chassis designation, but not smart enough to know what they really mean.

Actually, no, it doesn't.

And going out to look at cars in person is way too much hassle. Anyway, just seeing a car for sale doesn't tell em the engine code and such (or even what the trim really is, since badging can be altered or removed). I don't want to be followed around by a salesman just to open all the cars up. What a pain in the ***.

And those Euro ones aren't quite as random as you might hope.

I'm not asking for a pat on the back, but it's not as easy as you try to make it out to be.

I'm not grasping at straws. You have to realize that your poor attempts at sarcasm cannot be read as easily online. You are not showing any emotion through your text, save for that you seem pissed off, annoyed, and that you want to put me down as saying that those chassis codes in the thread I made are common knowledge or something.

A chassis code is not useless. Walking up to a car, I can read the VIN and simply know what that car should have been supplied with by Honda from the factory. Plus I can know the options and such too. A chassis code can confirm to me what trim a car is, even if someone has tried to make it look like another trim.

I can realize some people are... but you don't seem to realize it confuses the noobs who don't know any better. It spreads misinformation and to the more knowledgeable people puts you into the same lot as the unknowing noobs.

If you really have been on here under other names, pray tell, what might those other names have been? Why did you abandon those user names?

Come on, I'm sure we can get you up to 20 post tonight!</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry but i didn't bother to read that....haha...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (bmoua)

NOFX - 12

Chassis code disoriented - 0

Yes, you sound retarded for saying ek coupe.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER? (BlackoutVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hatches are sweet. They're little "no bullshit, no extras" little pods, if that's what you like. All in all, it's up to you if you like the look, and the weight reduction of a hatch, or if you like the look of a coupe.

Hey, why not go for something else and get a four door?

EDIT: I love my little hatchback, but that's just me. Think about what you want. Is it crucial for you to sacrifice trunkspace for a little weightloss? If it is, the hatchback may be good for you. If not, the coupe would be good.

Do you like the stout look of the hatchback more than the sleeker look of the coupe?

Do you want comfortable passengers and a slick looking ride? If you do, the sedan may be for you.

It's all about what you want, why are you asking us?

Modified by BlackoutVTi at 9:35 PM 9/5/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, u got answers for everything i need... ur good bro! thank you by da way
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If your getting 96-00 gen id say coupe. i hate the hatch tail lights. If you want a hatch get a 92-95 gen. those are the hottest hatches
Old 09-06-2007, 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=NOFX]

That's a matter of opinion. To me, "EK coupe" sounds retarded since there was never an EK chassis Civic coupe produced by Honda. It sounds uneducated. Educated enough to have heard a basic chassis designation, but not smart enough to know what they really mean.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thing is, the random average guy you talk to is gonna say EK coupe anyway. Or EG hatch, or EF hatch.

[quote]
And going out to look at cars in person is way too much hassle. [quote]

Who says you have to look in person? Autotrader, ect, ect. See, even so, I don't ever search just for chassis codes anyways, If i'm look at stuff, and run across something, I'll make a mental note of it.

Like a long time ago I was looking for a 86-89 Accord beater online, I noticed some VIN's were BA5, as some Preludes...then when going to junkyard once I rmembered that, looked at some Accord shells, and did see some a BA5 Accords, when most are CA5...

[quote]
I'm not asking for a pat on the back, but it's not as easy as you try to make it out to be.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I know about the same info as you on this subject, and I don't go around correcting everyone to say that they're "EG CX hatch" is a EH2.

AS long as they don't add the number its fine. EG/EK/EF is just a liquidation of the main chassis codes of the gens.

When someone calls their 99 DX coupe a EK9, their CRX DX a EF8, or their 94 DX hatch a EG6...then you might need to bring out the whip.

I'm not grasping at straws. You have to realize that your poor attempts at sarcasm cannot be read as easily online. You are not showing any emotion through your text, save for that you seem pissed off, annoyed, and that you want to put me down as saying that those chassis codes in the thread I made are common knowledge or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My annoyance is due to you and other guy talking **** about me using EK coupe, not knowing whether I knew the real codes or not.

A chassis code is not useless. Walking up to a car, I can read the VIN and simply know what that car should have been supplied with by Honda from the factory. Plus I can know the options and such too. A chassis code can confirm to me what trim a car is, even if someone has tried to make it look like another trim.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So can I. If I see a black 99-00 EK coupe with Si wheels, and a lip and look at the chassis code and read EJ8, then I know its really a EX, and to look at the seats, rear brakes, cluster, engine bay ect.

Infact when I got MY EK coupe, being the DX roll up window garbage hater I am, since the trim badge was removed, I looked at the VIN, if it was a EJ6, I wasn't getting it. But it was a EJ7, so I knew it had power windows, and was a HX.

I can realize some people are... but you don't seem to realize it confuses the noobs who don't know any better. It spreads misinformation and to the more knowledgeable people puts you into the same lot as the unknowing noobs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As I said. Most dont know or care. No reason to waste my breath telling them.

[quote]
If you really have been on here under other names, pray tell, what might those other names have been? Why did you abandon those user names?[quote]

Lets just say I'm a 2003 member who wanted a to build a "EKCRX." Hahaha.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And it's fine to denote 6th gen hatches as ek's, but to call any coupe an EK is downright retarded as there was NEVER a coupe made that was badged ek.

It just doesn't make sense!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hatch all the way..... looks way better..

Quick Reply: PLS HELP! CIVIC COUPE OR HATCH.. WHICH ONE IS BETTER?