Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP Problem with tps sensor on 92 eg with LS B18B1

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP Problem with tps sensor on 92 eg with LS B18B1

Heres the story
I swaped my engine directly from my totaled 94 ls integra to my 92 civic dx hatch
When we were lower the engine into the engine bay the Throttle Positioning Sensor Broke off and with out that it idled bad and smoked

I temporarly put my civic dx D15 throttle body on the ls motor and i had to fill in one of the air holes with puddy to make it idle right but other than the loud sucking noise it was almost perfect with just a slight hesetation from 2000 to 3000 rpms but no big problems the car drove great

I got my hands on a tps sensor for my integra throttle body and i went through the painstaking prosess of removing the old tps and puting on the new one

Then i put the ls throttle body on and the car idled bad and smoked so i tryed using the MAP off the honda firewall instead of the one on the ls throttle body with either the civic MAP wire or the LS MAP Wire on the motor but not much change
i guess maybe i should have replaced the tps sensor gasket on the throttle body and it probably needs to be calibrated

I had to put the D15 throttle body back on til i could figure out what was wrong with my ls throttle body
but before i put it back in i bored it out with my drimal the same way i did my ls back when i drove my integra and i put the D15 one back on the ls motor the way it was at first and it idles good and even but it smokes, Check Engine Light is on, and im lossing power real bad
I checked the computer and i only got 1 code which was 7 blinks for TPS Sensor

I reset the computer by pulling out the ecu backup fuse which was supposed to erase the code but soon as i started the car it poped back up and was doing the same thing.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT
it shots black smoke and smells rich so i lowered the fuel pressure to 30psi which mad it lean and shake and put it back at 36psi
Theres black smoke on my tail pipe it smells bad and the motor seems like it lossing power and the throttle body keeps getting clogged with black stuff that smells like oil and gas making the butterfly stick
Old 02-19-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP Problem with tps sensor on 92 eg with LS B18B1 (STPREZ)

cant just slap the tps on. gotta make sure its adjusted right. they are real picky. it needs to be .5 volts at idle and 4.5 at WOT, get yourself amulti meter and adjust it. then reset the ecu you shouldnt throw a code for it anymore unless its a bad tps.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP Problem with tps sensor on 92 eg with LS B18B1 (drunknbass)

:werd:

I think SEARS may still have a deal on there digital mulitmeters...Mine was like $20 and its defenitly worth it.