Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP ME WIRE EXPERTS ---->FUNKY HEADLIGHT WIRING

Old 11-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP ME WIRE EXPERTS ---->FUNKY HEADLIGHT WIRING

DON"T NEED ANYMORE HELP< FIGURED IT OUT
LONG POST!!!>>>>BUT PLEASE READ AND HELP ME!!!

ok so the other day i removed my denji angel eye projector headlights and the wiring harness that goe with them that you can see in the pic below. I was doing this in order to trade someone for stock headlights, but that fell through so what i am left with is the one light just like factory eg's but the wiring looks weird, i think becasue of the projector headlights. So i put the headlight housings back in and left that wiring harness out for the time being until i can sell them or trade. Well i put the bulbs back and they wouldn't light at first, so my friend looked at them and told me they needed a ground( he touched the light to some metal and vwalaa, they lit up)so i hooked up grounds to them and now they do not light. Once my friend showed me i kept testing it with the lights on to find a good ground and spot on light and during that i blew a fuse which i found and replaced along with all the headlight fuses for low and high beam.

ALL FUSES ARE GOOD AND CHECKED
CORNER LIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS WORK
TRIED FLICKING FROM HIGH BEAMS TO LOW BEAMS AND NO GOOD

take a look at these picks and let me know what the deal is and if you have some pics or could take some of a stock wire job, it would be greatly appreciated

HERE"S THE HARNESS THAT WAS REMOVED THAT WAS FOR THE PROJECTORS SO THERE COULD BE A SECOND SET OF BULBS

DRIVER SIDE....LOOK AT THAT BLACK BOX!? IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE?

HERE IT IS WITH THE BOX OPEN

THE BLACK BOXES USED TO BE HOOKED UP TO THE BLACK BOXES ON THE WIRING HARNESS I REMOVED BUT THE HARNESS WAS REMOVED WHEN MY FRIEND GROUNDED THE BULBS AND THEY LIT UP

PASSENGER SIDE.....THERE'S THAT BOX AGAIN AND THIS WIRING IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT COMPARED TO THE DRIVER SIDE....LOOK AT THE WHITE WIRE FOR THE LIGHT

AND WITH BOX OPEN

any info would be very appreciated

I NEED THESE FIXED BY TOMORROW NIGHT CAUSE I DRIVE TO WORK AND BACK AT NIGHT AND NEED THEM RUNNING

Modified by dajman94 at 7:28 PM 11/16/2005
Old 11-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ME WIRE EXPERTS ---->FUNKY HEADLIGHT WIRING (dajman94)

Those black boxes look almost like the stock headlight plugs, what do they look like from the other side? If thats what they are, the black wire should be your ground, and I believe the red wire with the yellow line is the low beam and the other is the high beam wire. Or vice versa. Hope that helps somewhat, a simple circut tester would help you out quite a bit. If you were local I would trade you headlights...
Old 11-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ME WIRE EXPERTS ---->FUNKY HEADLIGHT WIRING (zplightning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zplightning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those black boxes look almost like the stock headlight plugs, what do they look like from the other side? If thats what they are, the black wire should be your ground, and I believe the red wire with the yellow line is the low beam and the other is the high beam wire. Or vice versa. Hope that helps somewhat, a simple circut tester would help you out quite a bit. If you were local I would trade you headlights...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The other side has three slits, kinda like a wall outlet
Old 11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: PLEASE HELP ME WIRE EXPERTS ---->FUNKY HEADLIGHT WIRING (dajman94)

I had the same thing but decided not to use the harness. Its just a simple plug in for the main lights and if you want the halos to light up, I believe their are 2 wires comming off the lights. The white wires are groud and the red is hot. I spliced it into the parking lights and worked good for a year or so. Then i sold them.

But if you do use the harness, the black bow plugs directly into the light and the harness has to run to a power source and ground. The relay helps from to much voltage so you dont keep blowing the bulbs. But i bet that depending on what ur running to your battery, you can get away with out using the harness.