Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please Help me and answer my question.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help me and answer my question.....

Well one nite me and my buddies went out and raced on a strip out in the country(plenty of Country/land here in KY). Me-Civic hatch with a b18b port n polish head, intake, exhaust. Then my buddy in the Prelude and the other guy with a Eclipse GST. We went out and just felt like racing eachother, but my friend in the eclipse knew someone wanted to race me and was talkin smack, so i hadta race him and burn him to shut him up real quick. but anyways, then me and my buddy in the prelude raced, because he wanted a REMATCH. Last race i beat him about a car, or half a car. So we decided to Line them up. One of my friends dropped his arms, and we went, i took of pretty good, but when i needed to shift into 2nd, i missed, si yeah i miss shifted to second, and over rev'd the hell out of my motor. After this, i begin to notice my motor is idling rapidly, or surging up and down around 1000-2000. Does any1 know what is wrong? i read up on forums about the IACV and others, and i havent checkd, or tried cleaning it, but wanted to know if ITS SOMETHING else causing the problem? did i affect something in the motor, etc, to cause this? thanks ahead of time.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please Help me and answer my question..... (EKris)

Possibly bent valves, timing knocked off, cam gears skipped a tooth, spun rod bearing. Check your cam gears to see if they are lined up by pulling your valve cover, check your oil for metal shavings, and do you hear any ticking noises from your valve train?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please Help me and answer my question..... (EM1_ChRiS)

i was thinkn Bent valve also, and no i dont hear any ticking from da valve train. i'll make sure to check the cam gears and the other things, thanks for the help.