Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please help, does anybody know anything about this?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:47 AM
HNP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, does anybody know anything about this?!

whats goin on ht, i've been having this problem and is driving me crazy..i have a 1995 coupe the passanger side windor worked fine till one day it went to **** and stopped working, all of the sudden it was working again and then it stopped working again, i've checked EVERYTHING, so i came up with the conclusion that it was the motor so i headed to the junk yard and got a working working, so even before i take everything apart i plug the motor and check if it worked it didnt do a damn thing, then i used the batter to see if the motor worked and it did...anybody knows whats goin on? i used a volt meter to see if i had any juice on the wires to the door and i did, anybody had this problem that can actually give me some input?? thank you for reading this loooong thing....
Old 08-25-2006, 08:00 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (HNP)

BUMP
Old 08-25-2006, 08:06 AM

you may be getting power but not enough.. check how much juice you need and recheck it with a volt meter.. i dont have power windows in my 94 si so all i can say is search to see how much juice is required...

i hope this helps a little.. sorry i couldnt help more..

good luck

brian
Old 08-25-2006, 08:12 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (hatr-aid)

thanx man, any info helps...anybody else???
Old 08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
HNP

thanx..anything helps......anybody else?????
Old 08-25-2006, 08:39 AM
HNP

bump.....
Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 AM
HNP

it amazes me how people take their time to answer stupid questions all over HT, but when someone needs help on something that is necessary no one has an answer....damn
Old 08-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you might have to mention something about having a GTR skyline shogun mortal kombat wing to get maybe an answer.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (GoonieAsian)

If the driver's side or passenger side switch panel is broken, the window will not work. I'm willing to bet if you check the wiring on your driver's side switch panel you'll find the culprit.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (GoonieAsian)

that should work, or like some guy posted if he needed to weld his sunroof because he was droppin a type r motor in his car he had 5 pages with answers...back to my ****, anybody?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:03 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (Archidictus)

archidictus can u explain a lil bit better please, im not all that great when it comes to wiring and stuff. thanx
Old 08-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HNP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that should work, or like some guy posted if he needed to weld his sunroof because he was droppin a type r motor in his car he had 5 pages with answers...back to my ****, anybody?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you'd stop whining and feeling sorry for yourself maybe you'd realize that I just answered your question. How the expletive are you going to get mad at people for not answering your question with a title like "Please help, does anybody know anything about this?!".

Dumbass.

******* put some information in the title and people will help you
Old 08-25-2006, 10:26 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (Archidictus)

yo 1st of all the only dumb *** here is u aight, im not whinning im just saying the truth and u ****** know it...so dont come in here insulting me like u ****** know me..u have no idea on how many times i put this up with different titles...so start respecting how about that....i said thanx to what u said but for some reason this bullshit computer at my job wont let me see what u posted after like 10 minutes even if i refresh...
Old 08-25-2006, 10:28 AM
HNP

thanx for the help, imma see what i do...and ill keep this posted because im going to take the door panel on the driver side to see if i find something...arch my bad if i got a lil carried away but im stressin
Old 08-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you lube up the window channels (black rubber that window slides up and down in) when you replace the motor.

Also, the 96+ civic has a switch on the drivers side that locks the passenger window so it cannot go up/down. Maybe you hit this switch by accident if your car has one?????

I had a buddy break his window trying to pry it up cause it was halfway down and he accidently hit the button and could not figure out what was wrong. Funny stuff!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HNP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo 1st of all the only dumb *** here is u aight, im not whinning im just saying the truth and u ****** know it...so dont come in here insulting me like u ****** know me..u have no idea on how many times i put this up with different titles...so start respecting how about that....i said thanx to what u said but for some reason this bullshit computer at my job wont let me see what u posted after like 10 minutes even if i refresh...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Woah woah woah. You sir are way off base! Learn who you're talkin to before you get banned.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:59 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (mike1114)

nah i know about that switch and is off, meaning that i would be able to roll up and down...thanx for the help guys, i was gonna look into it right now but in jersey is raining hard...
Old 08-26-2006, 04:43 AM
HNP

i tried what arch told me and i couldnt find a damn thing wrong...im all confused now
Old 08-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

THE SWITCH!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HNP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yo 1st of all the only dumb *** here is u aight, im not whinning im just saying the truth and u ****** know it...so dont come in here insulting me like u ****** know me..u have no idea on how many times i put this up with different titles...so start respecting how about that....i said thanx to what u said but for some reason this bullshit computer at my job wont let me see what u posted after like 10 minutes even if i refresh...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you seriously just type out "aight" on purpose??? PLEASE tell me that was a mis-type.

Yeah he's the dumbass becuase he wouldn't have EVER had to make this post... would've given it a proper title, and would've realized that he MAY or MAY NOT get an answer the SECOND he posted a question.

There is something wrong with either your switches or possibly a relay... most likely a switch. No one can walk it through for you... you either know how to trace down the problem or you don't.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:14 AM
HNP

Default Re: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?! (NonovUrbizniz)

look man seems like everyone has a problem and still ends up saying something to help, yeah i said AIGHT, i dont know where u from but im from jersey. as for the title u have no idea on how many ways i had it...but anyway im not asking anybody to trace down my problem i was asking for some help u know like if someone ever had the same problem. i dont wanna argue over dumb **** just dont disrespect me like u know me simple as that and thanx for the help that has been provided....
Old 08-26-2006, 10:19 AM
HNP

Default Re: (hatch-E-vanish)

the window that wont work is the passanger side so if the switch is fucked up on the passanger side isnt the driver side switch suppose to work? because when i try to bring it down from the driver side it wont go down..
Old 08-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (HNP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HNP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the window that wont work is the passanger side so if the switch is fucked up on the passanger side isnt the driver side switch suppose to work? because when i try to bring it down from the driver side it wont go down..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I already told you that both switches have to be good for either of them to work. Dude, replace the switch panels on both sides and your problem will go away.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:53 PM
HNP

Default Re: (Archidictus)

alright once again thanx...
Old 08-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no dont rplce both of them figure which one is the bad one and thats the one you chnge, for all you know you might be having grounding problems

Quick Reply: Please help, does anybody know anything about this?!