Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Please Help Car died while driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Car died while driving

i have a 93 Honda Civic d15b7,

anyways i was driving home and yes i decided to show off for some girls and gave it alittle, had some wheel hop and then i shifted and started going normal again, but all the sudden my rpms dropped down to 0 and my gas pedal wouldn't work?

put some gas tank de-icer in didn't work
battery is fine (tried jumping it) its sounds like its turning over but not getting any fuel to me?!?! i'm no mechanic though any help anyone?
checked fuel pump connections they were all good, fuel filter good...not sure please help as it is stuck in a very bad part of town!!! thanks!

D
Old 11-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please Help Car died while driving (dfabulous)

same thing happened to me last week my distributor went out... 1 tow to the honda shop and 4 hours $480 dollers later its all good so go see if you have a spark

good luck
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont tow it to Honda, do it yourself. You can get a dizzy for about $150. Test your coil before you buy a whole new dizzy.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how do i see if i have a spark or test the coil?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dfabulous)

pull out the spark plug wire put the bottom of it close to a ground( like the valve cover bolt) and have someone try to start the car you should see a spark when engine is turning over
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (lpc805EG)

I would feel bad for you, if it wasn't for this.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dfabulous &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 93 Honda Civic d15b7,

anyways i was driving home and yes i decided to show off for some girls and gave it alittle, had some wheel hop and then i shifted and started going normal again, but all the sudden my rpms dropped down to 0 and my gas pedal wouldn't work?

put some gas tank de-icer in didn't work
battery is fine (tried jumping it) its sounds like its turning over but not getting any fuel to me?!?! i'm no mechanic though any help anyone?
checked fuel pump connections they were all good, fuel filter good...not sure please help as it is stuck in a very bad part of town!!! thanks!

D
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure which is funnier, trying to show off for girls with a decade and a half year old econo-car, or showing off a B7.

LOL
!!

Check to make sure you have spark - to do this take out the wire, unscrew one of the plugs, put the plug inside the wire (as it would be setup if it was in the engine, but not in the engine) and just hold it by the rubber piece while somebody tries to start the car, if all is well with the ignition system it'll be sparking quite quickly at the node on the end of the plug.

If your spark is bad, check the ignition coil.

If your spark is good, check your fuel pressure.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know i know, i'm dumb, well i've tried jumping it, nope, checked the grounds, they were all good, checked the ecu fuse, good... gonna check for a spark, and the main relay today!

to check the pressure is there a ghetto way i can do like unscrew a bolt and turn it over and see if fuel comes out?

how do i check the ignition coil?

thanks alot guys!
Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (dfabulous)

Pull the distributor cap off and see if the rotor turns when you crank the motor, if not, broken timing belt. Hope its only a problem in the dizzy.