Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

please help ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help ASAP!!!

ok i have the jdm d15b in my egath dx hatch,i swapped to the y8 intake mani tonight i i am having some issues.the ca has a high weird sounding idle,and when i start to take off the car wants to die.i am lost the only thing i can think of is the little sensor that was in the back of the old intake mani.i didnt know what to do with that so i just plugged it in and strapped it out of the way.i was told something about some injector holes or something needing to be [plugged up?were are they and do i have to pull the mani back off the plug them?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: please help ASAP!!! (boosted eg hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted eg hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i have the jdm d15b in my egath dx hatch,i swapped to the y8 intake mani tonight i i am having some issues.the ca has a high weird sounding idle,and when i start to take off the car wants to die.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Soundslike a vacuum leak, check your intake mani gsaket and T/B gasket.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted eg hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am lost the only thing i can think of is the little sensor that was in the back of the old intake mani.i didnt know what to do with that so i just plugged it in and strapped it out of the way.i was told something about some injector holes or something needing to be [plugged up?were are they and do i have to pull the mani back off the plug them?</TD></TR></TABLE> The sensor you are talking about is prob the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor and it needs to be plugged in but not necessarily bolted into the mani.

Are you throwing any codes CEL's(Check Engine Light)? This would help to better diag you problem.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: please help ASAP!!! (SirRevvs)

i have not been able to get the check engine light off,i dont know how to check for codes.the engine light was on before though, it is a boosted car.i am thinking there is a leak somewere because i am hearing that i was supposed to plug some kind of injector holes or some bullcrap.but i dont know what holes they are talking about.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: please help ASAP!!! (boosted eg hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted eg hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have not been able to get the check engine light off,i dont know how to check for codes.the engine light was on before though, it is a boosted car.i am thinking there is a leak somewere because i am hearing that i was supposed to plug some kind of injector holes or some bullcrap.but i dont know what holes they are talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Checking the ECU code (CEL) is simple the thread is stickied at the top of this forum. Here's the thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1171263
Check your code and let me know what it is. Its possible you may have the map and tps sensor swapped or the IACV isn't plugged in too. Check your code and it will make your diag much easier to identify.

-Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After re-reading your first post it definitely sounds like you got the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor) hooked up backwards. But check your CEL first.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 AM

well i had he tps and the map backwards but it is still not right,the idle is very high around 2500-3000.