Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP!

PLEASE HELP ME! LISTED BELOW IS EVERYTHING IN MY DEL SOL, I JUST TOOK OUT THE NOS AND CO2 PURGE KIT, BUT I HAVE GETTING A STRONG CONSTANT JERKING WHILE IN GEAR AND ALSO AFTER THAT WOULD HAPPEN THE ENGINE WOULD DIE, AND SOMETIMES I WOULD BE IN THE MIDDLE OF DRIVING AND THEN I WOULD FEEL TWO LITTLE JERKS AND THEN THE ENGINE WOULD DIE!! PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT FIXING CARS BUT PLEASE HELP!!

Year: 1993
Trim: Si
Color: Custom Color
Code & HP: D16Z6 Turbo, - 300hp
Engine Mods: 1.6l JDM ZC SOHC block with USDM 1.6l D16Z6 SHOC V-TEC Head. Block painted gloss black head painted silver. Machined head and four angle valve job. Mugen Sox covers, Ractive all steel braded hoses with chrome cup links. AEM fuel rail, BBK fuel Pump, B&M fuel flow modifier, Chrome fuse box cover, 2.5 inch full exhaust with catco cat minimal bends, custom one of a kind muffler in the rear, JDM civic SIR half shafts, Synapse Missing Link, Painted intake manifold gloss black, ARP head studs, new from Inline Four full top end and bottom end gasket and seal kit. Valve cover painted to match body color, carbon fiber oil cap, chrome V-Tec solenoid cover, Moroso 5.5 quart compasity oil pan with turbo oil line welded in for no leaks. ZEX 55-75 shot wet NOS kit. ZEX Top of the line purge kit with hard line running out on the passenger side Z3 fender grill. STR block guard, MDC main bearings and rod bearings, Unorthodox Racing under drive pullies and alternator pullie, ditched power steering and cruse control, Trust 2mm thick head gasket, Greddy oil catch can, JE 8.5 to 1 compression pistons with JE total seal rings, JE wrist pins and locks, Crower Rods. Greddy TDO4H Turbo set at 10 lbs with Greddy monster front mount Intercooler. Apex twin chamber blow off valve, Moroso oil pump, Thermo tech wrapped down pipe. MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires, MSD SCI ignition box with rev limiter, MSD Blaster SS external coil, MSD cap and rotor, JDM low temp thermostat. Fadenza 8.5 lb flywheel, Hyper stage 3 50/50 sprung kit with new through out bearing and pilot bearing.
Wheels/Brakes: : 16”x 7 Bronz Rota Circuit 8 with Falken 205/40R16 Ziex Ze512 Rubber. JDM Black light weight lug nuts with key. Carbon Fiber center caps with Rota emblem.: Power slot rotors in the front, stock in the back. Axes metal master pads all around. Steel braded lines in the front.
Exterior: : Dark Bronz Mist paint layed on in September 2002 at Carol Stream Auto Body. Mugen battleship gray body stripe. Skyline R33 front end with the Aux light holes and fog light holes shaved over. Buddy Club sides and back with back shark fins painted satin black. Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Trunk lid, JDM Plate Fillers. Aero Gear Fiber Glass BMW Z3 front fenders.
Interior: : Flush mount trunk floor witch houses a 12” Pioneer Sub, a 400 watt Jensen amp, an Optima Battery in a Black Summit Battery Box and a ZEX 10lb NOS bottle, wrapped in new black carpet. Cockpit: Rear panels matched to body color, Auto Loc power trunk popper kit, JDM civic black shift boot with red stitching, Momo shift ****, Tenzo-R short shifter, Sony Explode motorized head unit, Momo Trek black suede steering wheel with hub kit, Speed people dot com two color (blue/green) indiglo white face gages with dimmer, Auto Meter Air/Fuel, Boost, and NOS pressure gage in a civic A-pillar pod molded on, an Auto Meter 5” monster Tach, blue tinted windows, NOS and purge switches mounted in the dash, 1995 Del-Sol glove box and latch conversion, JDM Del-Sol door tweeters, Sony 6.5 rear speakers, JDM Black door handles and Map Lights, JDM Black rear dome light, top wrapped in new black carpet, Momo pedals, DAD black suede seats, JDM climate control, Greddy silver Turbo Timer, top half of the door panels matched to body color.
Suspension: : Full NEX coil over kit with 24 point adjustability. Strut adjusts and coil over. Polyurethane bushings in the rear lower and in the shifter linkage. Nakyama front upper strut bar rear upper strut bar, and rear lower tie bar all chrome.
Lights: : JDM one-piece Headlights with blue City Lights. JDM Map Lights, JDM Plate Fillers with lights, hyper white headlight bulbs.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! (thedelsol)

I get the same problem, just my car isnt as modded as urs, and only in 1st gear or 2nd gear if i start in 2nd from a stop, i think it could be a problem with the idle speed on the throttle body, or something with the throttle body itself b/c i only got it after replacing my stock throttle body with....another stock throttle body which had a built in sensor (i have a 93 and its from a 94)
Old 08-26-2004, 05:59 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! (Apocolipse269)

Why would you start in second from a stop, your just going to lag the motor
Old 08-27-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: PLEASE HELP! (Apocolipse269)

so do you think it is my sensor?