Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

pillar bar for del sol

Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pillar bar for del sol

sup guys-

i have a pillar i had bought for my integra, now that def wont work in my del sol correct? i havent tried yet because i take delivery tomarrow of my car..SO-that being said, because there are not many nice bars around for the sol, will any other bars madefor other models fit my car? say an eg hatch or something else? and before i get flamed, i already searched, and couldnt find answer i was looking for. so help a brotha out..thanks guys.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pillar bar for del sol (hybridgs)

You mean a B or C pillar bar? They don't make them for a sol, because as worthless as they are in other cars, they're even moreso in a Sol. There is a huge 'firewall' and bracing behind the seat to stiffen the structure because its a targa.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridgs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sup guys-

i have a pillar i had bought for my integra, now that def wont work in my del sol correct? i havent tried yet because i take delivery tomarrow of my car..SO-that being said, because there are not many nice bars around for the sol, will any other bars madefor other models fit my car? say an eg hatch or something else? and before i get flamed, i already searched, and couldnt find answer i was looking for. so help a brotha out..thanks guys. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you mean something like this: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1266429
Old 08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pillar bar for del sol (DELSOLEMITE)

Does that even serve a purpose?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: pillar bar for del sol (TheGeneral)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheGeneral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Does that even serve a purpose?</TD></TR></TABLE>

chassis reinforcement
Old 08-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pillar bar for del sol (DELSOLEMITE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DELSOLEMITE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

chassis reinforcement </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm....
Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: pillar bar for del sol (TheGeneral)

i guess the way i look at it is that anything that will provide even minimal amounts of reinforcement will be better than nothing, am i correct here? im a new & first time sol owner, and have heard about the ridgity issue. so i figure bar'n the car up wont hurt. none of these bars are expensive anyways, so if it doesnt provide mass amounts of improvement (which im not expecting, but would like) then at least i gain an acceptable location for mounting harnesses correctly, right?
Old 08-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridgs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess the way i look at it is that anything that will provide even minimal amounts of reinforcement will be better than nothing, am i correct here? im a new & first time sol owner, and have heard about the ridgity issue. so i figure bar'n the car up wont hurt. none of these bars are expensive anyways, so if it doesnt provide mass amounts of improvement (which im not expecting, but would like) then at least i gain an acceptable location for mounting harnesses correctly, right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

In theory, maybe, but those bars in that location will do nothing for you. The huge chunk of steel seperating the trunk and pass compartment, and that huge roll bar provide tons of stiffness in that area. The structural problem comes between that section and the firewall. There is no roof, so there's quite a bit of torsion from the mid section of the car. The only way to fix that is with a cage to link the two halves of the car together; bars will do nothing.