Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside!

Alright guys........you gotta read this before you check out the pictures cuz it will make a hell of alot more sense. Well, I came home for 5 days for Thanksgiving break from school, Wyotech, and I desperately needed to buy a winter car! I was supposed to get a galant vr-4 but got screwed on that.

So Wednesday I gave this guy a call who runs an impound lot and he says I got a civic cx hatch for sale. So I go and check it out in 10 degree weather and drive it around and finally agreed to purchase it for $1200. My dumbass didn't check the car out as much as i should've cuz of the ***** freezing weather, duh!

So we get the car back to my house and start finding EVERYTHING wrong with this car! The front end, from 6 inches in front of the strut tower in the front, was cut off and a different front end "welded on." This car was originally green. The front end came off of a red car and wasn't cut properly and not welded properly. This resulted in the fenders and hood not even coming close to lining up! After further inspection we find the following: broken windshield, i knew that was broken, wrong hood/fenders, no muffler, rear springs were cut, no cd player, no speakers in front, cx dont come with rears, calipers, lines, pads, and rotors all BAD! I told the guy who sold me the car about the springs being cut and he gave me a set of coilovers for the rear, I'm like cool.

So for the next 3 days and 30 hours of my vacation, with the exception of Thanksgiving, me and Accordlove tore this son of a bitch down to nothing and redid everything. The car got new windshield, completely new brakes including brembo rotors in front, cd player, kenwood 6 1/2 in front and infiniti 6x9 mounted in their own boxes in rear, new paint, new hood, new fenders, stripped and cleaned interior, had to cut the aem cai into a short ram so it doesn't suck up water, 94-95 integra gsr wheels with new tires, black housing corner lights..............wheewww.........sorry but had to explain it all. Without further delay here are the progress pics. Enjoy! Acceting all comments/criticism! Thanks Ryan

Still waiting on black housing corner lights, rear struts, calipers, and lines.
P.S. I got a wtb add in the marketplace check it out! Thanks Ryan
Old 11-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside! (Teglove2)

I would have returned it simply because you stated that the car is acutally two cars put togethe. However nice work on bring it back to life.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well..........like I said I go to Wyotech so the car will be recut and welded correctly and I'm toying around with a motor swap this January when I go to chassis fabrication class!! Thanks for compliments! Ryan
Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Teglove2)

looks like a spray bomb special paint job right?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aspec101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aspec101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like a spray bomb special paint job right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i would have to agree with aspec. hehe i was like damn did he get a new paint job. but you did a damn good job on spraying it
Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside! (Teglove2)

alot of work... the welding thing is kinda worry some if you plan to go fast in that car.. ive seen worse tho. a dealer was trying to sell me once a hatch clean title for 3. only thing was it recently got shot up by a shotgun. no idea if driver survived
Old 11-30-2005, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump...I like it..
Old 11-30-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: (Jdmon079)

Thats a great job man
Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another hatch saved from oblivion
Old 11-30-2005, 06:22 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another hatch saved from oblivion </TD></TR></TABLE>

This hatch never should have been saved. The kid should have inspected it properly before handing over 1200 to some retard who knew he was selling a lemon. No one in their right mind would pay 1200 for this peice of ****.

It looks a lot better than it was, but the front end still has some shitty fitment. I would have gotten my money back or taken the guy to court rather than double what I paid for the car to get it in working condition.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This hatch never should have been saved. The kid should have inspected it properly before handing over 1200 to some retard who knew he was selling a lemon. No one in their right mind would pay 1200 for this peice of ****.

It looks a lot better than it was, but the front end still has some shitty fitment. I would have gotten my money back or taken the guy to court rather than double what I paid for the car to get it in working condition.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going to punch you in the sack when you get home.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:43 AM

nice winter ride i picked up my civic hb for 480.00 with high miles and lots of rust but runs good...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tcteg)

did it hurt? you know ... him ******* you in the ***?

totally not worth the money
Old 11-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im considering selling my civic.. needs a little work, nothing a new fender and paint job wont fix lol jk
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside! (john666)

You should check out my POS. I just recently added a passenger side mirror, hatch struts, short shifter, new rotors, and new tokico blues. I am not done yet either. The engine is tired and needs to sleep, FOREVER!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1427425

Cheers

Old 11-30-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: (Teglove2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teglove2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well..........like I said I go to Wyotech so the car will be recut and welded correctly and I'm toying around with a motor swap this January when I go to chassis fabrication class!! Thanks for compliments! Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

I almost went to wyotech, I chose Lincoln tech in indianapolis though because I didn't want to be in BFE for a year. Good program at both schools though.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside! (Chickenball)

nice spray can job

you got ripped price wise but nice restoring it to that, when you get it fixed up correctly let us know.

i also see turbo teg
Old 11-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF I would not have paid $1200.00 for that car. I would have paid $5.00.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the positive criticism fellas! We worked very hard on the car to get it where it is right now. Yeah that's my turbo teg next to it. Built ls/vtec turbo aem tuned...........i couldn't let the hatch die I hate seeing more and more eg's dying these days. Yes, maybe I paid a little more than I should have but I don't regret buying it cuz I needed a project, aka, something to keep me busy. I just spray canned it to get everything one color. My buddy whos "the man" with body work is coming over this weekend to help me fix the hood and probably paint the car correctly. She's back from the dead!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Noct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WTF I would not have paid $1200.00 for that car. I would have paid $5.00.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seriously. Just by looking at it u can tell..... You don't have to "check it out."
Old 11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice keep us updated
Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

heard its not good to use spray from a spray can....i think they're gonna have to take it all back off or something like that....but anyways, great job ..the hatch is coming along well
Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside! (I Love JDM EG6)

for that much money you kinda got F'ed with your pants up. but if your happy with it thats all that matters. im happy to see it looking as well as it does i did the same thing last summer with a 92 cx.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys.........now that I acutally have an eg I told myself "I'm just going to keep it stock and drive," always turns it to "What can I do to it next!" O well, I love it...............Still looking for front rubber lines and calipers. Thanks Ryan
Old 12-01-2005, 06:00 AM

what points are the rear jackstands on?

Quick Reply: Pics of my first and newly purchased 93 cx hatch!!!! Pics inside!