Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pics of EG Hatch w/F20c S2k Motor RWD!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics of EG Hatch w/F20c S2k Motor RWD!!

I know it's ugly but the swap is flat out amazing I think. It looks like it works very well and the potential is great in a purpose built race car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2196304

I see this as inspiration to attempt something similar, but like I said INTO A REAL RACE CAR, NOT LOADED DOWN WITH SYSTEM. The way I see it, I could get an EG hatch, strip it down to the bare essentials weighing ~1900 lbs. With this motor in it, with even slight mods and being RWD it'd fly. Not to mention what a small turbo setup would do. What are you guy's thoughts??

Obviously, I'd need the whole rear assembly off of the s2k and the front crossmember to mod the engine to fit in the fwd engine compartment. The firewall would have to be heavily carved into to allow for the RWD tranny and the whole center "hump" of the car raised to allow room for the drive shaft and exhaust. Also a custom lenght driveshaft...
Old 01-29-2007, 10:40 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waste of time and money. Pure and utter waste.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:42 AM
cute little bastard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pics of EG Hatch w/F20c S2k Motor RWD!! (QuarterMileMaster)

jesus...

Old 01-29-2007, 10:43 AM

lol, that guy said "the only RWD civic". He wishes. To bad he made that car that way, with a ungodly system. It was almost cool, until he turned it into a riced out POS. I like how he is bragging about the system of all things to brag about.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Waste of time and money. Pure and utter waste.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What makes you say that?? Sure, all the rice and stereo is a waste but the swap itself is freakin awesome.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (QuarterMileMaster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuarterMileMaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What makes you say that?? Sure, all the rice and stereo is a waste but the swap itself is freakin awesome.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because for the time, effort, and money spent, he could have had something useful, like an actual S2000 that handles 10x better than his rice rocket.

Or he could have built himself a very nice civic that's faster than an S2000 or an S2000-swapped civic.

I'm all for doing something different, but that's been done, time and again.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAn't someone make a RWD civic without making it look UNGODLY UGLY?????

Its like thats the price you have to pay to the car gods to make it rwd, you must rice it out beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even the old crx witht he nsx motor looked like ****.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because for the time, effort, and money spent, he could have had something useful, like an actual S2000 that handles 10x better than his rice rocket.

Or he could have built himself a very nice civic that's faster than an S2000 or an S2000-swapped civic.

I'm all for doing something different, but that's been done, time and again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure it would be time consuming and require alot of effort but I'm not so sure it'd be more expensive then buying an s2000 ($20k). Not to mention you'd have a stock s2k with that 20k where as with this you'd have an extremely light eg with a nice motor that would be way faster than a stock s2k. You definately good build a faster civic for cheaper, I'm doing that now. But, the fact that it'd be RWD would help in any type of race...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All the rice makes it such a waste. De-rice it and it will be much better.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuarterMileMaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm sure it would be time consuming and require alot of effort but I'm not so sure it'd be more expensive then buying an s2000 ($20k). Not to mention you'd have a stock s2k with that 20k where as with this you'd have an extremely light eg with a nice motor that would be way faster than a stock s2k. You definately good build a faster civic for cheaper, I'm doing that now. But, the fact that it'd be RWD would help in any type of race...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you understand how much fabrication it takes to make a fwd car into a rwd? Did you happend to notice the custom tall center console? Last time i looked under my car i didnt see any room to run a rwd tranny or even a drive shaft. Not to mention the amount of fabrication and strucutral support needed to put a rear end on that car. Complete waste of time.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

Haha It ran 14.2 with the system

Too bad we don't know what it can do without it
Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Str8 outta Cliff)

An stock s2k will dominate any s2k swapped civic.

Plain and simple.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 AM

'Cept in a straight line...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you understand how much fabrication it takes to make a fwd car into a rwd? Did you happend to notice the custom tall center console? Last time i looked under my car i didnt see any room to run a rwd tranny or even a drive shaft. Not to mention the amount of fabrication and strucutral support needed to put a rear end on that car. Complete waste of time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

As I said above, I'm sure it'd take some crazy modification but it's obvsiously doable since this douche bag managed to do it. And I already mentioned the raised center of the car in a previous post... Look at the guys in the hybrid forums making MR integras and del sols that are getting such crazy support. This would be easier than doing that, I'd think and more logical.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Str8 outta Cliff)

Ah boy, all of u are gay.

So what, wtf, it's his damn money. He wants to make it into a show car, let 'em. Now to mention THIS HAS BEEN COVERED AND POSTED BEFORE.

THE SAME DAMN CAR, OP, SEARCH!!!

With that said, it also has NO TECHNICAL VALUE - post this **** in the GDD or something.

What people want to do with their own money is only their own business. I see no difference in this guy spending money for what he likes to do and you guys spending money on useless **** like CTR folding mirrors and JDM Parking polls (which you put on the wrong side even if they were to be used, but if you can't park a civic, DIE). I don't really see a difference, at all, 'cept the price tag. I guarantee you this isn't some 16 year old kid, it's his money, let 'em spend it how he wants.

****, it's obviously not his daily driver.

And ONE person actually appreciated the amount of fabrication it takes to make that car RWD.

Granted he probably didn't do it - he still paid for it. That's what really counts in the end.

You guys are like a bunch of blood sucking leaches, holy ****. Let 'em be. This has been covered at least twice that I know of (same exact car). Everybody's all like RICE RICE RICE RICE - ahh shut up, maybe he thinks ur JDM coin trays, and JDM tow hitches which serve no purpose other than aesthetics, and JDM grounding strips are rice, who knows.

Has it ever occurred to anybody that it's HIS car and he can do whatever the **** HE wants to do with it? Jeez, if somebody wants to ******* spend all their money on ebay upgrades and plastic body kits, I DO NOT see a crossover to the part where it's ANY of ANY of you guys' business.

Jesus..

Lock this **** plz, 3rd time's the charm. This has been posted before.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 AM
cute little bastard

Default Re: (Azn Kenny)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Azn Kenny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">'Cept in a straight line...</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2. I bet if he didn't have all that garbage it would hit 13.2
Old 01-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">An stock s2k will dominate any s2k swapped civic.

Plain and simple.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you figure that?? The civic is lighter and you could tune suspension on the civic to eat an s2k on the turns too...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ah boy, all of u are gay.

Now to mention THIS HAS BEEN COVERED AND POSTED BEFORE.

THE SAME DAMN CAR, OP, SEARCH!!!

Lock this **** plz, 3rd time's the charm. This has been posted before.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually searched before I posted to avoid a repost and didn't come up with anything. Guess I didn't type in the right thing. Mods, lock if you want, I hadn't ever seen it before and looks like it'd be fun to try at least. If dudes can put 2jz's in s2k's why not this.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you figure that?? The civic is lighter and you could tune suspension on the civic to eat an s2k on the turns too...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because an S2K was designed by Honda engineers.

This setup was through together in a performance shop.

It's not the same, it simply isn't.

**** was measured out, talking clean rooms, weights to the thousandth of a pound 'n ****.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:15 PM

all that money to run a 14.2 HAHAHA
what a ******* waste
Old 01-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ah boy, all of u are gay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where do you get off calling everyone gay. Sadly I am not even that offended because its coming from you, Syndacate, of all people. We all have a right to have an opinion. Most of our opinions is that that car is stupid. Get over it. Just cause you think it is cool doesnt mean that we need to. Sure he might have spent tons of time and money on that thing, but we think its dumb none the less.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man that car is UG! This is nice though.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM

Ricin out of control... That looks hideous... 14.2 is slow... And now that you posted al these pics, your ricer is probably gonna get stolen... Idiot...
Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if that looked stock, i might like it a little more
Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man alot of time, effort, and money put in this eg. I give him props, but its his style guys just not ours haha...though it doesn't get more ricer than this though haha

Quick Reply: Pics of EG Hatch w/F20c S2k Motor RWD!!