Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams?

Can some one post a pick of a eg with rota slip streams in gunmetal?
Thanks
Old 12-05-2001, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (Jdmb18c)

Rota's blow....
Old 12-05-2001, 08:05 PM
New User

see that word in the right corner...starts with a S, ends with H...click on it...
Old 12-06-2001, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 12-06-2001, 09:47 AM
New User

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (jeff652)

What the hell is that in the background? Is that a dog or a pig? What ever it is, it sure is fat.

CB

Old 12-06-2001, 09:53 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (Cheap Bastard)

i`d say big cat. Kinda looks like a goat lol
Old 12-06-2001, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (vtecvoodoo)

I'd say cat too...christ is that thing huge...haha

BTW: rota does blow
Old 12-06-2001, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (madtownhonda)

looks like fat cat...
Old 12-06-2001, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (JDMb18civic)

yeah i thought is was a minature goat
Old 12-06-2001, 01:33 PM
New User

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (90accord1)

I have a Civic Cx with the Rota Slipstreams
Old 12-06-2001, 01:34 PM
garagespecial

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (90accord1)

rotas suck imo.....get the real deal......might as well chrome plate them glossy rims "bling bling"
Old 12-06-2001, 02:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (garagespecial)

You guys are being ******** about the Rotas.

How about I spent my good money on GOING faster and being able to STOP faster rather than buy some EXPENSIVE-*** rims that can be easily STOLEN.

You guys are truly playing high-and-mighty. "Get the REAL thing..."

Your opinions are based on WHAT? Experience? Probably NOT. I've actually got some 15'' Circuit 8's in Bronze - they weigh maybe 12lbs. and have held up just FINE even though the pothole s of Atlanta streets and the stress of SCCA Solo II comp.

And SPOON's JDM, right? HA! How abour RDM...Russian Domestic Market! not saying that they're not the highest quality, but come on, you guys would stick your dicks in the valvestem hole of the god-damned SPOONs.

I could afford them but CHOOSE not to - rather spend it on other worthy ****...

[Modified by B18C5-EG6, 11:10 PM 12/6/2001]
Old 12-06-2001, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (B18C5-EG6)

true that...I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the bronze and the gunmetal. Anymore pics?
Old 12-06-2001, 02:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (kent, clark)

I'm just sick of the whole Rota/SPOON debate. Just shut the **** up if you can't help the guy out. I hardly see how "might as well chrome them bling-blings" is helping anyone out.

Perhaps the gunmatel isn't your fav color, and perhaps you *think* Rotas are ****, but if you're just gonna be a dick about it then why even post?

The ******* elitist people with $2000.00 wheels ripping on those who CHOOSE to spend their money on other **** gets on my nerves.

I guess I could have gotten a B18B rather than my B18C5 so I could have gotten some tiiite SPOOns/Regas, huh? **** that. Give me some good, REAL coil-overs and good brakes and you keep your SPOONs and we'll see who runs better laps, deal?

SPOON is getting PLAYED out so ******* hardcore that it's the next altezza tail light. How about over half of SPOON's **** isn't even made by them? The wheel? Desmond. The steering wheel? MOMO. Seats? Vision. Mirrors? Vision. Blah blah...

Get over the SPOON ****. Some of it is hands-down awesome, but no need to rip on those who can't/choose not to afford it.

If you buy SPOONs/Regas, you're just as bad because you're buying SOLELY for name and looks...DON'T tell me other wheel companies can't make as good of a wheel either - I don't mean Rota - how about Racing Hart CP-035? Even lighter and arguably stronger.

Hey, I just saw the SPOON bandwagon haul *** right by me!
Old 12-06-2001, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hehe.,..does looks kinda like a Sheep!!!
Old 12-06-2001, 03:01 PM

You know Tom I agree 100% on the bandwagon thing!!!!!!! Just help out those you can instead of being a hating DICK!!!!
Old 12-06-2001, 03:53 PM
New User

What the hell man... Was that even your pic? Is that your CAR??? Why are you getting so pissed? Acting like someone smacked yo MAMA. Get off your High horses with your little B18C5 ... Just want to brag a bit... Big Deal. B18c5 is a joke!!! GET THE REAL DEAL!!! B18C JDM SPEC R. Then you can Talk. Geeez
Old 12-06-2001, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (DragonCTR69)

As much as I like hearing two sides duke it out, let's please keep the Spoon vs. the World out of this thread. I am more interested in the colors of the Slipstream as I have NOT (no matter how much searching I've done here and elsewhere) found good pictures comparing Bronze, Gunmetal, Silver, and Flat Black. I drive a black EK hatch. If you don't find the pics, can you at least try to describe the color for me? I really appreciate it.
Old 12-06-2001, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (VTEC_MAN)

What the hell man... Was that even your pic? Is that your CAR??? Why are you getting so pissed? Acting like someone smacked yo MAMA. Get off your High horses with your little B18C5 ... Just want to brag a bit... Big Deal. B18c5 is a joke!!! GET THE REAL DEAL!!! B18C JDM SPEC R. Then you can Talk. Geeez
a b18c5 isnt teh real deal? and the jdm b18c spec R is?? well i guess you are right, that 2 hp difference is quite amazing........nope.

I like the rota's, i like teh spoons. If it came down to it i would buy the rota's and put teh rest towards my turbo when it comes time.

I agree with b18c5-eg6. and i also agree that people have teh right to sport their opinion. BUtthere is a fine line between ones opinion and a dumbass comment.

heres what i say, if you think they are **** thats fine and dandy. but if you feel the need express that to someone atleast back it up.
Old 12-06-2001, 04:47 PM
New User

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (hennessey)

I think people who blatantly rip on Rotas or whatever knock off wheel there is, are just pissed because they spent so much on the "real" thing. I would be.

-Rod
Old 12-06-2001, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (RK)

guys...please pics of at least the gunmetal and bronze slipstreams...i'm begging you
Old 12-06-2001, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (jeff652)

Hey Jeff, it's brian, the guy who bought the 5 lug setup from you and drove all the way down from washington!! how you doing.? still see you got your HB still...sweet looking now!!
Old 12-06-2001, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (Blue-Civic-Hybrid)

so is this gunmetal?
Old 12-06-2001, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (RK)

I think people who blatantly rip on Rotas or whatever knock off wheel there is, are just pissed because they spent so much on the "real" thing. I would be.

-Rod
wrong, I wouldn't buy spoons, I wouldn't buy rotas...one cost to much, one is just a copy of something that costs a lot.....I would be a dumbshit for buying either...I wouldn't want to be broke, and I sure as hell would not want to be a faker...if I had the money I would spend it on spoons though....copying just isn't something I want to do...but hey..some people are fakers and don't care what people think...I didn't mind rota until they started ripping off high end wheels...rota could have made a different styled wheel that weighed the same....they obviously don't give two ***** about copying though..their main goal is maximizing profits...I'm sure anybody can relate to and respect that
Old 12-06-2001, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams? (madtownhonda)

-Rod

wrong, I wouldn't buy spoons, I wouldn't buy rotas...one cost to much, one is just a copy of something that costs a lot.....I would be a dumbshit for buying either...I wouldn't want to be broke, and I sure as hell would not want to be a faker...if I had the money I would spend it on spoons though....copying just isn't something I want to do...but hey..some people are fakers and don't care what people think...I didn't mind rota until they started ripping off high end wheels...rota could have made a different styled wheel that weighed the same....they obviously don't give two ***** about copying though..their main goal is maximizing profits...I'm sure anybody can relate to and respect that
all i hear is everybody ripping on ROTA. how come i never hear people rippin on Z.SPEED??? they made RNR look a likes... i own rota slips. i DGF what anybody thinks. its a light wheel, it serves its purpose. WTF.

and for the guy who wants to see a pic of the gunmetal rotas, i dont have any but i can tell yoo now it looks like metalic graphite/grey. the desmonds look more like a tinted metal/anodized. i suggest you get the black ones or the silver ones.

JUST MY $0.02

Quick Reply: Pics of eg with gunmetal slipstreams?