Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

picked up a walbro 255 pump

Old 08-03-2013, 09:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picked up a walbro 255 pump

my motor b20b , ecu is tuned on crome , supporting mods currently blox F/R, Nrg gauge

reason im replacing fuel pump i've been noticing my fuel pressure drops threw out the day, and when i say drop 45/49psi in the morning 40-32psi threw out the day.

also my car jerks+bucks on cold start when i take out with out warming up.

got it for 40 bucks its been used let see how it works.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: picked up a walbro 255 pump

You're the second person this week who has had problems with their fuel pressure dropping. The common link between the two of you is a Blox FPR. Put a stock FPR back on, good money says that fixed your problem.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I Replaced it with another blox F/R just to see if it helped and same thing if my F/R was bad i would be loosing massive amounts of pressure, it doesnt drop no where near the 0 mark,.... it holds its pressure pretty well, both F/R both symptoms. His situation i can bet is not like mine, Blox Is not the reason...

My fuel pressure on cold starts like i mentioned is where i set it when i first installed the F/R if not a tad higher, threw out the day with warmer conditions out side the pressure will drop a tad bit lowest i've seen is in the 30s. i've heard its normal but i've yet to hear from an expert if thats true. alot of my buddies are into tuning cars, he sold me this pump for a good price lets see how it goes
Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is such a thing as partial failure. In fact, it's more common than complete failure for almost every component of a vehicle. Your problem is actually word for word the same as his so far. Blox is one of those "barely a step above eBay" kind of quality parts. Zero R&D, no in-house testing, they just have the lowest bidder in some third world nation put their parts together, stick their name on it, and ship it over here for them to sell. Considering a fuel pump shouldn't be regulating pressure (until ~75PSI, where the stock pump is valve-limited), your problem is still pointing to your FPR.

I've been wrong before, but you posted, which implies you're looking for input. You're getting my input.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

you could be right, but to be honest, if every blox f/r was garbage im pretty sure they wouldnt be sold on the market, thats ridiculous i know they aren't top of the line but i've bought 2...due to the fact i was messing with my 1st one at home with out any knowledge of what i was doing i damaged it drove like that not knowing it was damaged i lost massive amounts of pressure i bought a 2nd blox F/R adjusted it at my local shop it holds pressure well/

what im worried about is the sluggish / loss of pressure when its hot out side

my car used to have the worst idle ever before i tuned my ecu.
now that shes running the correct map, and ive installed a new f/r it helped the idle
......but from time to time during hot weather conditions my car gets sluggish....

maybe its been a bad fuel pump this whole time????

before i tuned my ecu, before i put aftermarket f/r my car on cold starts would buck like a wild horse...ran like ****.....once i tuned ecu it got better but when i installed my new gauge i noticed fuel pressure was not running solid....

maybe a dirty fuel filter lets see. if all else fails im pointing the finger to the F/R
Old 08-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you get the pump from a known reliable person or someone off CL? There have been quite a few fakes out there (bought a car with a falsie) and a fuel pump failing is never a good thing. Better to spend some extra monies and get a for sure good one.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

bought if off my buddie, he had it on his previous 4 door civic. he said if it works pay him if not just trash it. it didnt go with the car when he got rid of it obviously to make money off it....
Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kevs90acuraLS
you could be right, but to be honest, if every blox f/r was garbage im pretty sure they wouldnt be sold on the market, thats ridiculous i know they aren't top of the line but i've bought 2...due to the fact i was messing with my 1st one at home with out any knowledge of what i was doing i damaged it drove like that not knowing it was damaged i lost massive amounts of pressure i bought a 2nd blox F/R adjusted it at my local shop it holds F/R
So your disagreeing that the fpr is bad because you don't think you would get two bad fpr's? But you actually broke the first one so tedchnically only one was garbage. He's right this is literally the exact same problem a guy was posting about for a couple days. He put his stock one back on and it fixed it.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

the only reason i went from stock fpr to an aftermarket is before i chipped/tuned my ecu my car was running like ****, i had the worst idle ever..even more when i had the a/c i went threw hell before i did some research and found that it might be my F/R, i replaced it , then i got my ecu chipped tuned on crome b20 map, let me say the car feels ALOT ALOT better, my idle is more solid then ever, but when i recently added a gauge to keep an eye on my fuel pressure i noticed it wasnt solid. it was a tad'! rich in the morning and leaned out threw the day....in warmer temps...

when i noticed that i did some research and i found that its not normal is should be solid so one day when it leaned out i raised it at my mechanics with his help to 45 psi. next day it jumped from that to 60 psi. and stood there rich af. black smoke out the exhaust the whole thing

i didnt have the chance to take it to the shop so i attempted to adjust it my self with out really any knowledge and i broke it. -when that happend i started loosing massive amounts of fuel pressure ...i didnt know at that moment it was broken i was already buying new fuel filter and pump....

when i went to the shop my mechanic told me my problem was the fpr was broken it wasnt holding pressure the screws thread was fucked i broke it....my intentions were to put back a stock one but we couldnt get one it was late in the day only my local shop was open i picked up another blox f/r.

he set it back to 45 and like i mentioned in the wee mornings its solid 45-48 threw out the day it leans out...to about 35-32 no less but it stills worries me...maybe i just need a dyno tune? i'm going to slap on this walbro pump and fuel filter see what results i get ...if nothing i will try stock oem replacement f/r ..but i will try to loose all hope in blox's lol

Last edited by b20bFourDoorCivicLX; 08-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.