Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg

For those of you with a VIS OEM style hood on your EG's can you post a pic of the underside of the hood? I am really wanting to get this hood for my 93 Cx, but I am hearing the GSR motor will rub the hood. I need to see the underside and what kind of support bars are there. If someone has this hood and a GSR motor please post a pic of what you trimmed to clear the motor. I've read you can add washers to raise the hood a little. But, I also hear it doesn't look like a perfect fit once this is done.

If I decide to stay with the OEM hood will it rub the motor?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (Hybrid93Hatch)

To The Top!

Come on guys. Someone get off your lazy a$$ and go take a pic of the underside of the 3dr Eg oem style hood for me
Old 02-18-2003, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (Hybrid93Hatch)

Umm...No EG here. I have a B16 in my 96 DX, no clearance issues here. The skeleton of the hood follows the stock pattern and it works just fine for me. I am very pleased with the quality of this hood. I think you'll be ok man, and if not, it's no big deal to trim away on the fibgerglass supports to make it fit.

[Modified by BenB, 12:08 PM 2/18/2003]
Old 02-18-2003, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To The Top!

Come on guys. Someone get off your lazy a$$ and go take a pic of the underside of the 3dr Eg oem style hood for me
i would but it is snowyyy
Old 02-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll e-mail you a pic its off my car right know and in my livingroom it does rub but it not that bad
Old 02-18-2003, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (HYBRIDHATCH92)

No you should not have any clearence issues. If there is then check if your motor is installed and leveled correctly. My friends car rubs with a b16 in it, but it is noticeably crooked. My brothers eg on the other hand has a GS-R and we had not problems cause we took time on that one and I can't say which shop did the b16 swap though. Basically you should not scratch and especially not with a stock hood.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (Vspec Sol)

my gsr swap in my 92 cx rubs the underside of the hood only a little bit, like half the size of a nickel. I bet is the cf hood you want has any design similar to the oem hoods' underside, then you might rub. I dunno if other companies make 92-95 civic hoods that have no underside bars in the middle, but if there are, I would rather get one of those.
*My integra's cf hood from fiber images had great clearance... because there were no ribs in the middle of the underside.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine fits allright. it fit great and didnt hit anything but then I was messing with my fuel filter and my FPR and now it wont close. So I got hoodpins. Thinking of selling it soon. Maybe painting over it when I get my paint done.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (White Lightnin)

bah, my vis hood is in my garage cause it's snowing. I'll get a pic if I can find someone with a digicam. The skeleton of the hood matches up identically to stock, or at least it appears to
Old 02-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (ColdAccord)

VIS on a EH2 close enough to a EG....but I think the EG hood might be a little differnt b/c of the firewall....anyways I have no fitement issues and don't use hood pins and have been thru wind gust and high speeds on the Hwy.

Old 02-18-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (JDMSir-G)

VIS on a EH2 close enough to a EG....but I think the EG hood might be a little differnt b/c of the firewall....anyways I have no fitement issues and don't use hood pins and have been thru wind gust and high speeds on the Hwy.
wow....i didnt know there was a difference in the EG and EH hood

learn something new everyday
Old 02-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the newest VIS hoods have actually changed the skeleton supports a little, so it might be different now.
i have a fiber images hood w/ no skeleton and it fits with a couple inches of clearence.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:37 PM
New User

Default Re: Pic Request: Underside of OEM style VIS c/f hood for Eg (chainsaw)

the newest VIS hoods have actually changed the skeleton supports a little, so it might be different now.
i have a fiber images hood w/ no skeleton and it fits with a couple inches of clearence.