Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

perhaps the most curious greatest question of all...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default perhaps the most curious greatest question of all...

WHat do u guys all think about what HONDA thinks of the huge impact they've made in the auto world? What I mean is, do you think they ever visit this web-board? or the thousand of other websites that have the word or meta tags that have "HONDA" in them or the URL itself? What do u think they think about when they see movies with their cars glorified, commercials, car shows with their products plastered eveyrwhere, people where H logos all over themselves, etc...
Do u think they even watch the enthusiast market this closely? What do you think they think when they see that their products make up more than 60% of the modern hot rod/aftermarket world?

Do you even think they care that much, or just wanna turn a dollar more by selling a car to a grandma just as much as a kid outta highschool ro college, rather than an enthusiast, especially one who is die hard abotu their product?

I would really love to pick their brain and listen to what if any effect its had on them as a company and how succesfull they've become.
They came out with VTEC, changed the world, came out with the INSIGHT, helping to change the number of vehicles out there that save our ecosystems.

HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER THOGUHT ABOUT THIS or am I just way to bored?

honda love
see what they started
Old 09-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (pkek)

What do you think they think when they see that their products make up more than 60% of the modern hot rod/aftermarket world?
60% is a highly unlikely number. Remember, Mustangs are still popular.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:06 PM

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (Mike P.)

modern hot rod/aftermarket world?
I meant present day, like last couple decades

[Modified by pkek, 12:06 AM 9/5/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive thought about that before. They introduced a small, economical car to America in, '69 i think was the first Honda, and look what its become. I think its cool.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:12 PM

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (Losrocket'91)

exactly. I mean they brought over then a very effiecient lil nice car, and now the accord and civic are two of the top sellign cars in the US ever.

I'm not in love with honda, nor do I have any tatoos. I'm actually tired of them, and wantign to get an AWD turbo sedan (growing up).
Old 09-04-2002, 08:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I think the cool thing about Honda is they are still focusing on reliability and quality products while still allowing aftermarket support.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:41 PM

i think honda loves its aftermarket fanbase, and loyal and enthusiasts...but theres too many "street racing" retards for them to publicly embrace there "hot rod" sucess. they love us though.

[Modified by crujones, 5:41 AM 9/5/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 09:15 PM
New User

You know they know what society is doing with hondas. Japanese marketing is amaizing. They knew what they were doing when they focused on the foreign markets. They make cars for specific markets. Most of the honda lineup in Japan are small compared to the ones available in the US. Take a look at this website and see what Honda is producing for the Japanese market.
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto/

Old 09-04-2002, 09:27 PM
New User

exactly. I mean they brought over then a very effiecient lil nice car, and now the accord and civic are two of the top sellign cars in the US ever.

I'm not in love with honda, nor do I have any tatoos. I'm actually tired of them, and wantign to get an AWD turbo sedan (growing up).
Hahaha, I totally feel the wanting of Subaru AWD, Man I want a car that comes all most completely stock for Rally/

That or a big newer muscle car, even tending to see if the new Z is what nissan acclaimed it to be.

But I'll still be loyal to my sol.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:39 PM
Trial User

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (samdawgsol)

If i remember correctly about a year ago Honda got all pissy and thretened alot of message boards useing the Honda Trademark name as part of the sites urls. They did this to sites that help their sales and took a dump on thier true followers. Remember honda doesn't make all that money on aftermarket producuts. Only the sale of the car that was bought. So we do not have much of an effect on them. All they want to do is sell cars. Who can blame them...?

Travis
Old 09-04-2002, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (samdawgsol)

To be onest I dont think they realy care that much I mean they dont throw alot of special cars at us besides the ITR and the SI and CL S Look at ford and doge they are trying to get in the mix badly with the neon turbo and the SVT focuz cant hona step up and give us some kick *** cars damn. Look at the dealers they see the buisness the parts department is all riced out and some have JDM parts. Honda better start stepping up to the plate and give us the CTR and the DC5R soon
Old 09-04-2002, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or how about this for curiosity..? how did they ever come up with the idea of vtec?
Old 09-04-2002, 10:31 PM

I think Honda thinks $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

EDIT: At least for America. Its their revenge for the A bomb to not give us any cool cars.... that, and Pokemon.

[Modified by fOmaNPu, 1:32 AM 9/5/2002]
Old 09-04-2002, 11:01 PM
New User

Do you even think they care that much, or just wanna turn a dollar more by selling a car to a grandma just as much as a kid outta highschool ro college, rather than an enthusiast, especially one who is die hard abotu their product?
\

yes, i think they just care about money, and economy, and fuel efficient cars.

think about it, in the USA, most people want to buy a honda on its reliability, not because of its aftermarket performanc potential....
honda, only makes their money on NEW cars, not from the kids who buy them 5 years later.

and also, the percentage of "enthusiasts" is minimal to those who buy the car for what it is. a beater, grocery getter, and maintenance free car.
if they wanted performance, and luxury, thats what Acura's for.

so basically, they like making the performance oriented models for the homeland, since its where its "home" and "raced" in circuits.

for them to ship and produce more of the Si; SiR's, and Type R models to america, would be little benefit for them financially.
only a hand ful of people would buy them, and they would lose money on production costs for a low selling car.

also, most of honda enthusiasts are from cities, where was most of america is rural area, where the pick-up truck is still the popular car of choice.
Old 09-05-2002, 05:46 AM

I don't think that honda really cares. Like someone else said if they did they would give us more kickass cars. The Si was brought out to meet the demand of the import market and look at how the aftermarket picked up on that car.

After that car came out street racing blew up huge, suddenly everybody was street racing Honda's. Whenever you see a street racing accident on TV it's usaully a honda. Thus why the new SI is a lot more difficult to mod. I remember reading when it came out that to make a header for the car was going to be quite difficult. I believe Honda wants to be less a part of the import scene due to the negative press that the scene generates. If honda was really into the imports don't you think that they would have organized events or sponsor import events to help promote their brand. Street racing is seen as a bad and iresponsible thing, Honda doesn't want to weaken their brand.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant believe they really give a **** about us tuners.
Because their "name of the game" is selling a high quantity of cars... and they STILL leave the performance up to us to add to their cars for the most part.. on US shores at least.

Sure there are guys in Corporate Honda that look over websites, but I bet they usualyl check out the S2000 or NSX areas.. not the civic/integra forums
Old 09-05-2002, 06:06 AM

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (HondaLova)

i agree with that post. most people in the states buy honda's because of its reliablilty and not because of the aftermarket stuff. if honda really wanted to be a performance company, they would start putting turbos in their car stock like mitsubishi, subaru, and toyota, but i still dont see a stock turbo ever being put into a honda. in japan, most people laugh at you if you have a honda, the reason is because they're not a high performance car. why get a honda integra or civic, when you can get a nissan skyline or mitsubishi lancer evo. to race with. those cars can kill any modified integra or civic. but since those cars are only beginning to appear in the u.s., we still have yet to go with the tread.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (flash94civicsi)

Honda has some interesting attitudes towards the "enthusiast market" in the USA. Most of what influences these attitudes is money and accounting. Why don't they import a Civic type R? Because they don't think they will make money off it. Every NSX Honda builds costs them money, they actually lose money on every one they sell, but it pays off in being an ego car and builds the company's image so they get that money back in lesser acura models. The typeR cars are so low volume that again, they chance losing money for everyone sold. with the emergance of the typeS cars, Honda is reluctant to steal the typeS thunder with a typeR brand, although, word is that a TypeR RSX will debut soon. But really the typeS cars are the USDM hi-po models. So yes Honda is responding to the US market. although, they do odd things like put all season non-sticky tires on the S cars because they claim that they need to have a tire compound that will work in the snow and rain and not just nice and sunny california weather. Go figure. All of Honda's cars are undertired, look at the Si. The SVT is different in that it is also a low volume car, only a few thousand are going to be built every year. Look out for the Cosworth version soon (points to anyone who knows the origins to the name cosworth and how it relates to Marcos). Although, you can get some honda performance parts installed at the dealer. There is even a factory sport suspension for the EX coupe, I could go on but won't. Keep in mind that Manufactuers love free advertising, they would love it if someone came on here espousing the greatness of the new Si or the new EX.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:11 AM

i really think honda is amazed and they feel that they just hit the jackpot. but they deserve it making the world's economical and reliable cars.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (Sucka Free)

yes, i think they just care about money, and economy, and fuel efficient cars.

think about it, in the USA, most people want to buy a honda on its reliability, not because of its aftermarket performanc potential....
honda, only makes their money on NEW cars, not from the kids who buy them 5 years later.

and also, the percentage of "enthusiasts" is minimal to those who buy the car for what it is. a beater, grocery getter, and maintenance free car.
if they wanted performance, and luxury, thats what Acura's for.

so basically, they like making the performance oriented models for the homeland, since its where its "home" and "raced" in circuits.

for them to ship and produce more of the Si; SiR's, and Type R models to america, would be little benefit for them financially.
only a hand ful of people would buy them, and they would lose money on production costs for a low selling car.

also, most of honda enthusiasts are from cities, where was most of america is rural area, where the pick-up truck is still the popular car of choice.
i was thinking the same thing
Old 09-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Please don't hurt me!

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (SuperCivic)

all of u are way to bored j/p keep up the good thoughts
Old 09-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (b18ccivichb)

all of u are way to bored j/p keep up the good thoughts
yep...i would comment something big on this, but it seems like too much of a homework assignment... so yea...
Old 09-05-2002, 12:31 PM

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (Spoon)

the only thing on any corporation's mind is maximizing moolah. seriously
Old 09-05-2002, 01:17 PM

Default Re: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all... (underrated99si)

To be onest I dont think they realy care that much I mean they dont throw alot of special cars at us besides the ITR and the SI and CL S Look at ford and doge they are trying to get in the mix badly with the neon turbo and the SVT focuz cant hona step up and give us some kick *** cars damn. Look at the dealers they see the buisness the parts department is all riced out and some have JDM parts. Honda better start stepping up to the plate and give us the CTR and the DC5R soon
i know

problem is it cost so much to produce a brand NEw R

especially a type R anything, like RSX, NSX, ACCORD, CIVIC
that specific market compared to the whole far out weighs which models to build based on R&Dcost and production costs and then gross amount of product moved.

Too bad everyone just doesnt own an R
Old 09-05-2002, 01:19 PM

Default pkek

I'm glad so many of you respond and voiced yuour opinions.
Its cool to see how infected we all are

Quick Reply: perhaps the most curious greatest question of all...