Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Performance shop WPB? (Florida)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance shop WPB? (Florida)

Anyone here in the wast palm beach area of florida? Sum1 told me that on 441 and hobes or something there a shop called JDM Speed Junkies, i believe, ive searched and found nothing on it online or yellow pages (they told me it was listed), now isntead of driving 40+ miles there and back does anyone know where this really is and if they could do a tranny swap for me? This goes to anyone in the West Palm Beach area of florida, or even close by, my zip is 33414 so if sum1 can let me know of a place close by? i goto school in boca raton, 33428, so somehwere near here would be good too, sum1 please help me find a good shop to get this done at. Also i have nothing of my own, so if the shop has/can help me get the parts it would be awesome...
Going auto to manual, so i need tranny, pedals, linkage, master/slave cylinders flywheel, new ECU, everything.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (rentacar4dr)

I think i passed by that shop last summer when i was down there visiting my grandparents.

All i saw in the the palm beach/west palm beach area were expensive cars. Barely saw any imports and they were riced out. Benz and ferrari everywhere. That's crazy.
I'm gonna head back down there again this summer. I like it down there.

Good look finding a shop near you. I'd try a local forum. It'll probably be easier.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (HyBriDcxR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyBriDcxR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All i saw in the the palm beach/west palm beach area were expensive cars. Barely saw any imports and they were riced out. Benz and ferrari everywhere. That's crazy.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've spent quite a bit of time down there, and yes, it's a very expensive area. It seems like most people are more into looking cool than going fast.

Anyways, good luck.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey contact turbogixxer on here. He lives in the 33428 zip code and can help you out.

Yeah the scene down here sucks. Everyone buys lancers, STI's, SRT-4's and think they're the ultimate street racer. I always stay away from the local hangouts and the sort, way too many ricers/magazine racers.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (Ricey McRicerton)

Exactly right, here the slogans are like "All show, No go!"

People think a 3 foot spoiler will give them better handling with city driving, till you haul them to manufatureres website that says it gives like 50 lbs of downforce at 90 MPH, not to mention the car is barely cabable of reaching that speed, and its FWD, so no effect. Or you get the the people with eclipse that change the text on back to say "SPEEDSTA" and then throw on a noise maker muffler and intake and call it fast.

In the boca area yea you get all the feraris, its not unusual in this area to see 4 or 5 H2's on the way to school. A guy came into my work the other day and had a bad arm so he asked me to help me get a small TV into his car, he had that prototype ferrari, forkot if its MK1 or K1 or soemthing like that.

But im out of class so i'll head down soth for like half hour or so and try find it. if any1 knows exactly where it is please let me know.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To tell you the truth, stay away from import performance shops at allllllll times, if not, most of the time. B

But PM Turbogixxer on here, he knows his stuff and he's local and always helps me out with my stuff. I have learned a great deal working on my car with him.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rentacar4dr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly right, here the slogans are like "All show, No go!"

People think a 3 foot spoiler will give them better handling with city driving, till you haul them to manufatureres website that says it gives like 50 lbs of downforce at 90 MPH, not to mention the car is barely cabable of reaching that speed, and its FWD, so no effect. Or you get the the people with eclipse that change the text on back to say "SPEEDSTA" and then throw on a noise maker muffler and intake and call it fast.

In the boca area yea you get all the feraris, its not unusual in this area to see 4 or 5 H2's on the way to school. A guy came into my work the other day and had a bad arm so he asked me to help me get a small TV into his car, he had that prototype ferrari, forkot if its MK1 or K1 or soemthing like that.

But im out of class so i'll head down soth for like half hour or so and try find it. if any1 knows exactly where it is please let me know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

heck yeah when i went to miami i saw an aston martin, lamborghinis, ferarris, and bentleys all over the place. i had never seen anything like it. its like your in a whole other world....and the even stranger thing is, u go down 2blocks from that bentley and youll be in the ghetto with like 40bums standing/laying in a parking lot
Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (Chris M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

heck yeah when i went to miami i saw an aston martin, lamborghinis, ferarris, and bentleys all over the place. i had never seen anything like it. its like your in a whole other world....and the even stranger thing is, u go down 2blocks from that bentley and youll be in the ghetto with like 40bums standing/laying in a parking lot </TD></TR></TABLE>

&lt; mumbles under breath &gt;
rich...richer....poor...poorer.....
&lt; /mumble&gt;

Old 02-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (Ricey McRicerton)

Hey Im in Boca and I know where there at, but I have someone much better if you'd want a swap...cheap too..pm me if your interested
Old 02-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (HighRevn)

theres always south florida performance.....they shouldn't be too far from where you are.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (mike1114)

Highrevn, very interested, unfortunately i cannot PM, (trial user limitation i guess) but if u can email me tomcatrh@adelphia.net that would be awesome, thanks man.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:51 AM

Hey im in Lake Worth if you ever need a helping hand.. If your near boca msg turbogixxer hes a sick tuner.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Performance shop WPB? (Florida)

theres one small shop i know of, its called velocityshop.com i know the owner, their located off of blue heron blvd from i95 in riviera beach, good guy good prices... other then that idk of any others in the west palm area