Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Performance Chip for a del sol?

Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Chip for a del sol?

I have a 93 honda del sol s and i was wondering if they make a performance chip for it. how much can i gain in power and how much do you think it would cost, and i also have another question about a bolt on cat back, i dont know alot about cars but i was looking and i think its the cat that i can built it onto becuz when i look at my exhaust the pipes are connected but not bolted on becuz its not a bolt on cat back, but if i buy a bolt on cat back is that where i bolt it on? sorry if i confused any of u guys. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Performance Chip for a del sol?

No They do not make a performance chip for it. If you've seen that crap on Ebay my advice is to stay FAR away. You can get your car tuned if that's what you're asking. Go to phearable.net and check out what it entails. You won't gain that much power after all is said and done.

As for you catback question? Totally unclear. To me that is. A catback exhaust replaces everything from the cat back. If your cat is welded to the piping then that's a hurdle you'll have to overcome. You'd have to take it to a shop to get installed. Some cutting and welding will be involved.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks grumblemarc and what i mean about the cat back is the pipes are all connected, not welded, my question is that, i believe its the cat that im looking at, and it looks like you can pull the pipe off where theres a oval shape with two holes on eachside, that the pipe connects too, is the oval piece with the holes on each side is that where i first connect the bolt on cat back? thanks again in advance and hopefully i made more since with my question.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just have a guy build your computer.. thats what i did
Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so nobody knows about the exhaust? and if not can anybody tell me where i can get the info i want to do the exhaust work at home so i can save as much money as possible instead of going to a garage.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
The Grumpiest

Of course all the pipes are connected. Unbolt everything from the rear of the catalytic converter back and replace with a new catback system. I think you are making this harder than it needs to be because you are not sure if you're looking at the converter or not. Exhausts are one of the simplest thing on a car to work with.

Here's an example.
https://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/...%2793-%2795%29

You need to replace everything in section 19 or 20.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As far as a chip goes for your car, first you have to have your ecu socketed so you can run a chip. Next you will need to get a chip with a basemap already loaded on it for you to atleast get your car running. Then it would be a good idea to take your car to a shop with a dyno and have it tuned. There is a few different tunning systems out there, example: hondata, chrome, neptune etc. so you might want to do some research. I bought my ecu at hamotorsports.com which came with a free basemap not to mention its also powdercoated. Don't be fooled by the chips on ebay that say spoon or mugen on them for it is simply a logo. Anyways best of luck to you and hope that I helped.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thank gumble really good info, im shore im making it harder then it needs to be but im learning as i go, and thanks black im ganna check into it. thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have another question about my exhaust i figured id just replace the axle back instead of the cat back so i looked on ebay and i only found axle backs that are bolt on same as the catbacks so i looked at my exhaust and theres no way to bolt it on, now im stuck and i have no idea what to do, do i need to buy a hole new exhaust in general or is there a way around it?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:04 PM
The Grumpiest

Then just get a muffler. Take it to a shop. Have them cut off the old muffler and weld on the new.