Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

To the people who have had their cars stolen

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To the people who have had their cars stolen

Do you guys have alarms on your rides? I've seen some sick rides that were stolen on here so I'm guessing you did. But, what are the thieves doin to bypass it? Any ideas? I know alarms are useless if they REALLY want your ride, but they do deter a lot of thieves. Guess i'm just worried about my stuff gettin stolen and want to know what I can do to prevent it.

Chris
Old 05-25-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: To the people who have had their cars stolen (JapTendencies)

my friend had every theft detourent device available on his turbo type-r... but all that couldnt stop a tow truck
Old 05-25-2003, 07:35 PM

http://www.chaseatlantic.com/index.html

Get yourself this steering wheel lock. Me and a few of my friends have this and works out pretty well.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sensitive topic really, Ive seen many of these threads even mildly related to theft issues blow up into all out flame wars. I think many people may be hesitant to share any secrets in great detail, that is just the nature of security and theft paranoia in general. Like you said, if a thief wants your ride, he will get it one way or another. Good measures include, garage storage, car alarm, battery backup for alarm, fuel kill switch/switches, hood lock, the list goes on. Try to search topics related to those things first and they will usually turn up some ideas. Hope that helps.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Re: To the people who have had their cars stolen (piscorpio)

Very well said. Good job of detecting the someone tell me how to get by an alarm if I wanted to steal a car thread.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To the people who have had their cars stolen (boostsohfast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostsohfast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very well said. Good job of detecting the someone tell me how to get by an alarm if I wanted to steal a car thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, for real, definitely not wanting secrets on how to steal a car. I've had well over $20G's in **** stolen/vanfdalism. I was just wanting to know a few real basic things that will deter the average thief. Not looking for any elaborate details, just a few pointers. I have the top of the line DEI alarm, but I still don't feel safe.

Chris
Old 05-25-2003, 08:15 PM

Very sensitive, lol.....I've had 3 alarm equipped jacked cars in my life....garages are good.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:48 PM

I'm not saying you in particular want to steal cars, but there are a lot of people who are on the internet that do. Anyone can come on here and read what is posted. I'm not flaming on you or anything, I've just seen and heard about too many cars getting boosted. Thieves get a big . Just on honda-tech alone, every other day you see, "another car stolen" thread. Sorry for being so touchy, but this is a soar subject for me and a lot of other people.