Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

for people with authentic spoon wing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for people with authentic spoon wing...

just got mine in the mail today. aside from the impeccable weave, it doesnt seem to have any distinguishing markings on it that say spoon or what not. can someone else with a spoon wing attest to this?

my wing also came with a spoon badge... it looks like it's brushed aluminum (not like the cheap plastic badges that get sold in ricey stores) and its real flat. does this go on the wing, and if so, where? or do people just put it on their trunks?

thanks

Old 02-13-2002, 12:04 PM

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (ajchen)

it goes in the center of the wing facing back (where a stock 3rd tail light would go). yes, authentic spoon wings come with a small badge.
Old 02-13-2002, 01:47 PM

hey if you dont mind me asking, where did you get it from, and how much was it??
Old 02-13-2002, 01:48 PM
New User

i have the spoon wing aswell, and i dont recall any badging...and i know mine is 100% legit..
Old 02-13-2002, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (SpoonCivic)

Mine came with no badge either. Good thing as well, dont need more of that stuff cluttering up my car. Only way you can tell it is spoon is the fitment. (Unlike the knockoffs, it actually fits correct). That, and if you look in the inside of the wing it looks like ****..

ceas
Old 02-13-2002, 03:24 PM
New User

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (ceas)

how much you paid for it plus shipping??
Old 02-13-2002, 04:53 PM
New User

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (hatch_react)

i have spoon wing for my ek and i never recall seeing a "spoon" badge/marking on it.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Banned

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (EkREV)

ok well that means you got a fake one..and the guy tellin u its real is a DA..i got the fake one..and I got that fake *** brushed aluminum badge too...and so did someone i know with an EK..its fake as hell...sorry bro u got ripped...unless of course spoon makes BRUSHED ALUMINUM stickers...ew...or unless of course i paid for a fake spoon wing and got a real one...its fake
Old 02-13-2002, 08:48 PM

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (fr0stee tr00per)

really? crap. well that kinda sucks for me, no? how in the world do i tell this guy that the spoon wing is fake? i mean, there's no way for me to know on my own....

how do YOU know that it's fake for sure? there's got to be SOMETHING on the wing that indicates it's real or fake....

and ceas, i've seen several fake CF wings, and they all look like crap underneath... i havent test fitted it yet but i've seen spoon wings that didnt fit perfect, and i've also seen knockoffs that fit pretty decent.

so this means there's NO way for me to know whether this is real or not? i paid $375 shipped for it... the guy said he planned to use it @ his store as a display model and decided to just sell it......

also do geniune spoon wings have a small black line on the edge of the duckbill (i assume this is where two pieces of CF had to be glued together...)? i saw some knockoffs that had a messy glue-together. mine looks pretty clean but it still has that line....

lastly, what kinda box did the real spoon wing come in? i've bought numerous other spoon parts and they all came in some sort of white box, yet this one came in a brown cardboard box. is this fishy as well?

thanks for the help guys. i'm trying to figure out if i got ripped or not.

ok well that means you got a fake one..and the guy tellin u its real is a DA..i got the fake one..and I got that fake *** brushed aluminum badge too...and so did someone i know with an EK..its fake as hell...sorry bro u got ripped...unless of course spoon makes BRUSHED ALUMINUM stickers...ew...or unless of course i paid for a fake spoon wing and got a real one...its fake

[Modified by ajchen, 5:56 AM 2/14/2002]
Old 02-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if it fits and looks good then you got what you paid for .if not take it back and buy from . ips or r&d. good luck
Old 02-14-2002, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you got a fake without a doubt, spoon duckbills are built up on the inside to support them, the fakes just have a piece of thin fiberglass to attach to the car with a wing part glued to it, plus the fitment is ****, put it on your car youll see, and oh yeah the badge is bullshit too.... sorry guy you got a 100 dollar ripoff wing and a new larger *******
Old 02-14-2002, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (BakedCookies)

i never got a spoon badge on any of the CF parts I got from them directly
hmmmmm
maybe Spoon themselves are fake
and then maybe they are Type One
or Mugen in disguise
I wonder
seriously
I have never received any CF from them whether it be hoods wings lips with any badging
just spoon shrink wrap
I got it
they are a shrink wrap company
Old 02-14-2002, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (555R)

The Spoon wing is all smooth on the underside, no place to mount a badge like the Mugen one. You got a fakie one dood.

Beat his a$$!!
Old 02-14-2002, 06:12 AM

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (Trey)

hehe, looks like i did get a fakie. there's no place to mount the badge. he shoulda never sent it haha or else i would be none the wiser. the bottom is really flimsy, so that's a helpful piece of information... i'm gonna call them right now and get this taken care of.

this is almost as good as the guy who sold me "apex n1's" and shipped a set of WS coilovers to me instead. my luck seems to get better and better.

thanks guys.

[Modified by ajchen, 3:16 PM 2/14/2002]
Old 02-14-2002, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ajchen strikes again... now you should just send your sw388's back and get some slipstreams
to go with that knock off wing ya got ya fluffnut...
does your *** need an ice pack?

now all your jdm friends are going to laugh at you because you own a knock off part

this is almost as good as the guy who sold me "apex n1's" and shipped a set of WS coilovers to me instead. my luck seems to get better and better.

thanks guys.

[Modified by ajchen, 3:16 PM 2/14/2002]
Old 02-14-2002, 03:46 PM

umm...YES they do come with a badge. call aj racing....since they are a spoon distributor.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:51 PM

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (maks)

can someone post their picture??? thx.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (maks)

i had an EK and EG wing from Spoon along with the lips for both of them and rims and other stuff
never had badges just shrink wrapping and the usual boxes and japanese instructions...hell the wheels dont even say Spoon. just desmond on a chrome sticker
i can say the CF layout if impeccable so I cant see how anyone can claim better quality...no wrinkles or imperfections anywhere, glasslike resin and they use a really fine CF layout...
wrapping says Spoon thats about it
maybe you should call Spoon and find out
Old 02-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (555R)

boy ajchen always like to get the big name stuff, i heard the authentic spoon wing will give you 3 hp to the rear wheels. first the gay brakes now this........

are u going to be using those hardcore jdm parts at gingerman ? is clubsi not giving you enought info on new jdm style, for sure they would know......

[Modified by rollin1, 2:50 AM 2/15/2002]
Old 02-14-2002, 05:45 PM
New User

i never got a badge for my car either !!! what store was that from ???
Old 02-14-2002, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: for people with authentic spoon wing... (Spoon EG6)

Mine came in a brown cardboard box with yellow spoon tape and the usual spoon part number lable. I did not get a badge. The wing was in Spoon Wrapping with tiny staples on both ends. Then the wing in the spoon bag was inside a bubble wrap bag.

I also have a fake one here at the house that was cracked in shipment... the edge of the fake one is clear where the cabon materials meet. And the quality of the weave isn't all that great, and the inside has LOTS of fiberglass to make is stiff since it looks like they only used one layer of carbon.

The Spoon one has 3 supporting peices of what looks like fiberglass coated cardboard. There is also a little fiber glass to support the edges. There is also a metal braket on the rear bottom facing the windshield that looks like it might be for the window sprayer.

I got mine at autolink motorworks for 415 picked up.. I just seen at http://www.racelinedevelopment.com has them for 380.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:56 PM
New User

Unfortunately I think you got a fake wing. The real deal will come wrapped up in Spoon tape inside bubble wrap, and will have the spoon japanese intructions. I got a fake one that came in a brown box and came with that shitty little spoon sports bad that was in a clear little bag, like candy comes in...if the box has a part number on the side and it says spoon sports with a pic of the wing and a number that begins with ARO-1589 or something like that you got the Arospeed imitation, and you really got fucked, if it doesn't have that you might have the fiber images imitation which is pretty decent, i think they say fiber images though. I doubt you got a Benen for 350 whough..

I'd be MADDD!!!!!