Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

pcv black box, where do the lines go? one to back of block and other to??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv black box, where do the lines go? one to back of block and other to??

i just noticed after inspecting my engine while it was on there was air comming from the back hitting my face and i look closely and its coming from the black box at the back. one of the lines is going to the back of the block. and the other is Open...? i have a pic i saw on another thrad if my post is confusing.

in the image that black box has a hole that doesnt go to anywhere. and mine is the same. but i kno it should go somewhere i just dont kno where? and does it affect my motor in anyway?

i noticed on cold starts my motor seems to hesitate a lot and shake for a good minute, then it warms up. but i HAVE to wait for the motor to warm up i cant gas it or drive off or the motor will die on me. it has to be warm.

if anyone knows about the problems lmk! id like to fix it.. i mean its been like this for a month or two.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: pcv black box, where do the lines go? one to back of block and other to??

The other one goes to the IAVC. It's on the bottom side of your intake manifold.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: pcv black box, where do the lines go? one to back of block and other to??

o rly? he should have a coolant line running into his charcoal canister? i don't think sooo

op: that black box is part of your crankcase ventilation system. having it vented shouldn't cause to much of a problem, however it is suppose to go through a pcv valve and then connect up to a vacuum port in your intake manifold.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D16SiHatch
o rly? he should have a coolant line running into his charcoal canister? i don't think sooo

op: that black box is part of your crankcase ventilation system. having it vented shouldn't cause to much of a problem, however it is suppose to go through a pcv valve and then connect up to a vacuum port in your intake manifold.

i second that
Old 01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry! read the question wrong.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thanx for the replies guys, i dont have the pcv valve on my intake manifold, just has a hole where that parts supposed to be, and the nipple up top is covered by a rubber peice that slips over the nipple. is leaving the box open and not connected to the manifold bad? i dont have emissions down here. but if it affects the motor in any way i will get the parts to make it right.