Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

passenger airbag alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger airbag alternatives

my friend decided it would be cool to explode my passenger airbag on the integra dashboard im putting in my eg.. so what can i do to cover that hole up now.. i was thinking of having a piece of plastic or watever vinyl wrapped and put on top.. but i dont know if the color will match.. what else can i do to cover it up.. how rare is that jdm tray because i cant seem to find it anywhere.. thanks..
Old 02-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: passenger airbag alternatives (hadehatch)

thats what i was going to suggest, some type of tray... i've seen them in civics before...

did your friend do it to **** you off... or did you okay it?... seems kinda crappy on his part.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: passenger airbag alternatives (hadehatch)

They sell dash trays all day long man. It will fill up that hole for you. BTW, did either of you get hurt when the airbag went off?? I helped swap out a steering wheel last week, and I must say, it's a bit intimidating to know you have a thing that can blow up in your face in your hands.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: passenger airbag alternatives (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They sell dash trays all day long man. It will fill up that hole for you. BTW, did either of you get hurt when the airbag went off?? I helped swap out a steering wheel last week, and I must say, it's a bit intimidating to know you have a thing that can blow up in your face in your hands. </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha!i hate taking off SRS wheels!i wish i had a pic of myself doing it-cringing and trying to scrunch down in the seat as i pull it off i know that it won't go off with the short connector in it,but it's still in the back of my head...
to the original poster-on my car i cut a piece of C/F to fill the space.there are a few places that sell small,flat sheets of pre-resined,ready to use C/F.i don't know how much they go for though-i cut mine out of an old hood i had.i know that the OEM trays used to go for a lot of money(not sure about now,haven't priced them in along time),so the C/F could be a cheaper and cooler option.
chris
Old 02-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: passenger airbag alternatives (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
haha!i hate taking off SRS wheels!i wish i had a pic of myself doing it-cringing and trying to scrunch down in the seat as i pull it off i know that it won't go off with the short connector in it,but it's still in the back of my head...
to the original poster-on my car i cut a piece of C/F to fill the space.there are a few places that sell small,flat sheets of pre-resined,ready to use C/F.i don't know how much they go for though-i cut mine out of an old hood i had.i know that the OEM trays used to go for a lot of money(not sure about now,haven't priced them in along time),so the C/F could be a cheaper and cooler option.
chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah everybody was picking on me about it, but I'm the only one who would even attempt it. I did'nt set it off, and I knew it would'nt go off, but it was still pretty scary. I thought blockoff plates were fairly cheap now (20-40 dollars)?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I thought blockoff plates were fairly cheap now (20-40 dollars)? </TD></TR></TABLE>
wow,i had no idea they were that cheap now.last i checked(when i needed one),was when everybody kind of first found out about them.that was when they were going for over $100..there was no way i was paying that much for a piece of plastic,so i just made one out of the C/F.if they are selling that cheap now,that's definately the way to go.
Chris
Old 02-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: passenger airbag alternatives (TeamNextGenChris)

Damn, I was wrong, sorry guys. They have them here in the sponsors marketplace for just about 70 dollars.

Here's a link if you are intereseted in that. A little too pricey for me. I suggest making one.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=653415
Old 02-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was thinking about the CF.. it would be the coolest looking alternative... a friend of mine just threw out a cracked cf hood too.. damn.. anyway does anyone know where i can find a precut CF piece or where i can buy just a small piece and cut it myself id appreciate it.. my friend did it without me knowing but i dont think i would of put the useless airbag in there anyway.. from what i heard he did it outside.. it wasnt in a car since i bought the dash to put in my civic... he thought i didnt need it and he blew it up.. so let me know.. thanks