Forums
Subscriptions

Home / Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum
P1509 circuit malfunction
Rlss's AvatarRlss , 2 Hours Ago
Good morning all!

New to the form, just recently bought a 98 Honda Civic Dx Manuel Transmission
Little over 100,000 miles.

I've searched Google countless hours to find out what the code P1509 actually means or is. Can anyone here please explain to me?

Little backstory- my wife was driving it one night and all of a sudden it just quit on her and would not start up again, cranked all day but no start. I automatically checked all the fuses and battery all were good, then proceeded to check for fuel, and spark also good! Once I towed it back to my house after a more through inspection I found the timing belt to be very lose and partially shredded due to a bolt being broken in half from the motor mount to the block that ended up failing inside the timing cover and shredding the belt. So ordered the new parts ( timing belt, water pump, and tensioner) put it all together made sure my TDC was perfect for both cam and crank (checked over 10 times just to be certain) after I put all together went to start it up and still had the CEL come on with just that one code. Watched countless videos and searched threads about no starts, finally I found the culprit the ignition coil was burnt out. After replacing that she started right up! So that's good, has a terrible idle issue its a fast constant surging. I cleaned the IAC and throttle body, checked for vacuum leaks, still same idle issue, went ahead and replaced the IAC valve and sensor. Thinking it had to be that since that's what the code was pointing me in. Again still same idle issue. I've read about changing the ECU but i really don't think that is the culprit in this case. What's weird is before that night my wife took the car out everything was running perfect. Any insight or help I can get would be greatly appreciated, I really don't want to throw in the towl and take it to a machanic.

*This has all been typed off my iPhone very sorry if it sounds or is butchered*