Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

P/W switch attach to Door panel Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post P/W switch attach to Door panel Help.

Not sure where to put this. Thought id start here and if it gets moved then no problem..

Bought power windows of a guy on this site. Received them and installed. Cut new holes in my door panels since there is no Si door panels with power windows around my area what so ever, unless i buy them online for 200$ +

Since the arm rest on these panels are smaller then panels with power options cut out on them. I have no way of mounting my power option switches without screwing a screw through the panel to the plastic..

Is there any other way around that you guys have mounted these to your panels, and if so how? Any suggestions about this install would be much appreciated... just don't want my power switches sticking up anymore and want them secure.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:30 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: P/W switch attach to Door panel Help.

Originally Posted by BlackCivicEX
Not sure where to put this. Thought id start here and if it gets moved then no problem..

Bought power windows of a guy on this site. Received them and installed. Cut new holes in my door panels since there is no Si door panels with power windows around my area what so ever, unless i buy them online for 200$ +

Since the arm rest on these panels are smaller then panels with power options cut out on them. I have no way of mounting my power option switches without screwing a screw through the panel to the plastic..

Is there any other way around that you guys have mounted these to your panels, and if so how? Any suggestions about this install would be much appreciated... just don't want my power switches sticking up anymore and want them secure.
Yes. There's another way. It's called getting the right panels. Anyone that has done a power window conversion also plans that they will have to get the appropriate panels. What you're doing is called a hack job.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hard in canada bud to find these panels without paying a **** load of money. I will within time buy new ones. and ebay shipping is over expensive. Realize my hack job, but its what i can afford at the moment.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:45 AM
The Grumpiest

Then get creative. There's no standard way to do hack jobs. If you plan on getting legit panels later I don't understand the concern with how these are mounted.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Might lead into the new year that i get them. Just hate how they stick up at the moment.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 AM
The Grumpiest

My advice would be to be patient next time you take on a project so it doesn't get half done. Do it right the first time or it will cost you more to do it right later.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i hear where your coming from and appreciate it. Not that it cost me anything for these panels, but ill put some money away sooner for the new panels. thanks marc
Old 08-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm in Canada and i found the panels for my swap. look on http://www.oara.com for autowreakers in Ontario or try jdmrides.ca usually lots of them on there http://www.jdmrides.ca
Old 08-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you post some pics of the place you want the switches and the panels together?

This will help, to see what you are working with.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you any good with fiberglass? If so, then pull the fabric off and get creative. Otherwise I would stick with the manual windows until then.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thanks canadaek. ill check out those sites when i get home. I'll post pics tomorrow after supper i'm at work right now and cant move to far.

Fiber glass is not my friend. lmao. I was planning on redoing my fabric on my panels anyways. well i have one manual window and the driver side is my power window. I'll show pics tomorrow when i have time.