Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Reload this Page >

Oxygen Sensor 1 issues repeatedly throws slow response CEL with new aftermarket part

Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Oxygen Sensor 1 issues repeatedly throws slow response CEL with new aftermarket part

Old 05-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen Sensor 1 issues repeatedly throws slow response CEL with new aftermarket part

Hey,
hoping to get feedback from the community on this specific issue. My '00 Civic Si with 133k on the clock finally threw a CEL regarding 0xygen sensor 1. The car is bone stock, stock air box, etc. I always use OEM parts when performing maintenance but the OEM price is ridiculous for this one. After much hand ringing, I used an aftermarket part that's manufactured by the same company - Denso. Everything seemed fine until I got another CEL code - P0133 - sensor 1 slow response. I assumed the part was defective and got a warranty replacement. Another month has passed and am getting the same code yet again. Does this sound like an issue where I should've bitten the bullet from the start and gone OEM, regardless that it's several hundred dollars more? Is it typical that this generation hondas are that sensitive? I'm hoping that's the likely case over something worse.
Thx!
Old 05-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Oxygen Sensor 1 issues repeatedly throws slow response CEL with new aftermarket p

Are there any cracks or leaks in the exhaust manifold?
Old 05-08-2019, 04:05 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Oxygen Sensor 1 issues repeatedly throws slow response CEL with new aftermarket p

Good call, but it looks fine
Old 05-08-2019, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you ever removed the exhaust manifold? A leaking gasket would also throw the code.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Quality of the aftermarket Denso one is going to be the same as the Honda-branded one. The problem lies elsewhere than the sensor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: