Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

owned by some lady..is it fixable?

Old 06-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owned by some lady..is it fixable?

effin A... got into an accident today. Some lady driving a Taraus slammed into me while i crossed a T intersection. I could not believe it even happened. I swore to god i did not see her when i crossed and yet she still hit me. there was this Moving wall (commercial van) merging to the right lane in front of her to make a right turn which should of haul *** for me to see her coming. It was definitely a blind spot for me being pinned in a shitty traffic stop position, especially when i'm driving in a small compact hatch surrounded by SUVs, Minivans, and V6 sized domestic sedans. seriously, The city needs to put a stoplight at this intersection and the lady knew she had to drive a little slower, b/c obviously it seemed like she pinned me at about 50 mph. luckily i got out with no scratch or damage whatsoever. and my car, i cant even say what it looks like now..but see for yourself, yea she took out my rear bumper and the rear...awww mang...

G0d damn it! I am more than pissed right now, especially because i just did tune-up and washed my car and cleaned every rat nest inside and out. now what should i do with my hatch? do you guys think its fixable? should i have her insurance pay for the damage? or should i junk it? give me some advice on what to do in an accident like this. i have a feeling my insurance and her insurance is pinning me for not yielding?

if this don't belong here, mods please move to where it belongs. sorry if pics are kinda huge.

after accident

my left rear wheel is hella angled now ( extreme camber yo!)

This is the view from driver's front to rear

the arrow shows where she clipped my bumper

Modified by eg6_rick at 5:52 PM 6/2/2005
Old 06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (eg6_rick)

holy....resize asap.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (lightsleeper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lightsleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy....resize asap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously

and to your question it is junk probably...to an insurance company they see a 10 year old car and they dont even bother....happened to me with my 95 civic
Old 06-01-2005, 06:34 PM

yes please resize, i can't see a damn thing....

but that sucks i know how you feel... so it was your fault right?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lightsleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy....resize asap.</TD></TR></TABLE>ditto
Way too big for me to really see anything.

What all is tweaked with your wheel? Is the lower control arm support bent or did it tweak your entire subframe?

If you can take your wheel off and get some (smaller) pics of the underside of your suspension, we can give you a better idea of what would be involved in fixing it.

Problem is, any repair shop is going to charge the insurance company 500$ just for a bumper. So you total cosmetic repair is probably going to be 2-3 grand. And considering insurance companies go on nada value, thats pretty much 100% of the cars value in their eyes. So their not going to repair it. What you'll have to do is buy the car back from them and then either part it out or fix it up and make it into a track car. It will have a salvage title, but someone else may want to buy is for a track car...maybe.

Link to NADA.com
http://www2.nadaguides.com/aut...=2111

And to answer your original question: ANYTHING is fixable. It's just a matter of money.....
Old 06-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (civiccpedx)

am i blind?
i cannot see anything.
sucks that happened.
resize please!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:57 PM

RESIZE NOW!

but from what I Can see there hardly any damage but there so fricken huge I Could be looking right at it and not notice.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (nocturnaldragon)

maybe you forget...

if your not at fault, you do not have to go through the insurance company, you can get yourself a lawyer and sue the lady if it was her fault....its the way to go...

look at it like this:

your car is REALLY clean since you braught it to a car wash for 10$.
Someone throws mud on it.
you can either:
A: borrow 10$ from ur buddy to get it re-cleaned (but u have to pay him back)
or
B: go after the dude to get the 10$ to get it re-cleaned

makes alot more sence to go after the dude, your car was a certain way before, the *** caused it to change, be diffrent then the way it was before so your entitled to have it back the way it was.

gotta love america (i actually think its an easier case to plea in canada but w/e)
Old 06-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres the new update...?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cool, thanks for the smaller pics

new trailing arm, bumper, bumper support and some welding work on the lca support. You might be able to fix it for 4-500$.
(Looks like your trunk lid it tweaked a little too.)

Or your frame could be tweaked and the car is totaled.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (TenLarge)

Never knew you could sue for damages in a traffic accident when you are both fully insured. If it's plpd, then you are S.O.L.

It looks like she hit you from the left? If so then you probably have some frame damage. Other than that, the fix is pretty easy for a d.i.y.

-Shane
Old 06-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (mrlegoman)

well, seeing that my lower control arm and trailing arm are bent to **** now....yea i'll have to replace those too. But i'm mostly concerned about welding a new bumper support back on and seeing if my insurance deems my title savaged. arrrgghh! they dont seem to care too much about what happened to my car. I also want to know if they're going to take my car away from me and make me buy it back from them, etc. BTW the accident was like two houses from my house, so luckily i was able to drive it a few feet home. The only damage to the other driver's car was a scratch in the middle of her front bumper (hence the scratch on my bumper) yea she said it might cost more than $1g to replace that....LOL...please lady, give me a break.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6_rick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, seeing that my lower control arm and trailing arm are bent to **** now....yea i'll have to replace those too. But i'm mostly concerned about welding a new bumper support back on and seeing if my insurance deems my title savaged. arrrgghh! they dont seem to care too much about what happened to my car. I also want to know if they're going to take my car away from me and make me buy it back from them, etc. BTW the accident was like two houses from my house, so luckily i was able to drive it a few feet home. The only damage to the other driver's car was a scratch in the middle of her front bumper (hence the scratch on my bumper) yea she said it might cost more than $1g to replace that....LOL...please lady, give me a break.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was it your fault?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (94_Del Sol)

and my 97 that was a stolen recovered, just minor damage but the est came up too close so they junked it and i bought it back still in near perfect mint minus a few minor things<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94_Del Sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

seriously

and to your question it is junk probably...to an insurance company they see a 10 year old car and they dont even bother....happened to me with my 95 civic</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-02-2005, 06:38 PM

Minus the quarter panel that car should be able to be fixed for a few hundred bucks, considering theres no frame damage. Get a ussed red bumper from the junk yard with the other parts you need. You should be set to go, the bumper suport can be welded back up easy enought, I redid some tac welds on mine from my paint project.

As for the other ladys bumper theres no way in hell it will cost over a grand to replace a bumper cover, shes getting HIGH *** estimates. There at most $200 and thats stretching it from a dealer, certifit normally has them for like $50 + labor to reinstall them and possibly paint. You do the math.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: owned by some lady..is it fixable? (Bond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Was it your fault?</TD></TR></TABLE>

who knows if it was my fault or her fault...the officer that came out to write the report didn't say anything about me or her being at fault. neither did he issue the both of us a citation. who knows?

thats weird isn't it? don't you guys think?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6_rick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who knows if it was my fault or her fault...the officer that came out to write the report didn't say anything about me or her being at fault. neither did he issue the both of us a citation. who knows?

thats weird isn't it? don't you guys think? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that's weird. I guess when you talk to you insurance they will tell you who's fault it was. In some very rare cases it will be a 50/50 at fault.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if you say its her fault then make her pay through insurance. and more then likely they will probably total it out. And when that happens they can take your car and give you money for it and what i would do is buy it back from them which is really cheap normally. and then fix my self it you have the abilities. but if it dosnt total out (highly doubht it ) then go get estimates for the highest labor etc and show it to her insurance they will claim it and give you the money. and then go elsewhere with the money and try to fix it your self or fix it at the cheaper places and pocket the excess cash. It happen to me in the front. luckily i knew how to fix everything. SO i got 1700 and i got two new fenders core support/radiator/ hood and bumper cover and my bro painted it . and i pocketed about 1200
Old 06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (eg64u)

also, your neck looks really sore
Old 06-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope, it looks totaled, you'd better sell it to me.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hapexamendios EJ8)

wrong. my neck's fine. i just wrestled with my brother and hardcore football that evening after the accident. i felt no pain watso ever.. just glad i made it out alive and not a scratch on me. but my car
Old 06-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ptran13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ptran13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope, it looks totaled, you'd better sell it to me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

come to MN maybe i'll sell to you for cheap
Old 06-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg6_rick)

Definitely going to be a total loss
Old 06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Be a Jackass = Get banned.

Default Re: (BronzeEG)

of course thats fixable, just take it to a body shop...
Old 06-03-2005, 07:00 PM

theirs a junkyard around here where they get you new body parts for cheap..
i got oe hood, fender, front + back bumper for 200$.. their all black.. needs paint, etc..

and of course.. thats fixable.. thats nothing compared to how my car was..