Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OVERHEATING!WTF!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OVERHEATING!WTF!?!?!?

ok, so i was cleaning up in the engine bay and remembered a coolant line that i had replaced in my last civic, its the line that runs parallel to the hot hose coming from the valve cover to the air intake. this one:

i just removed the metal part and ran the hose straight into the intake, and replaced the valve cover end(pcv or something) with one of those little filters. i have done this on an older vehicle and fig it wouldnt hurt to clean out some crap so i went ahead and did it. well shortly after i did it i took her out for a spin and noticed that my temp was a bit high and it kept getting worse, i chalked it up to not having enough coolant so i filled it back up, waited a long while and took her out for another spin. everything going fine at first and then after about 10mins of driving it shot back up on the temp. when i turn off the vehicle it sounds like i have a leak some where near where i fixed the hose thing, like its letting out presure. i checked the new peice i added and it is fine the fittings are in place and everything seems stable. could i have messed something up doing this? i fig since it was a coolant line nothing would happen what do u guys think?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OVERHEATING!WTF!?!?!? (onah)

And your fan is coming on? Did you take the cap off the rad to see if the thermostat is opening up after a few minutes? Possibly burp the system? If the fan isnt coming on you want to jump it and see if it works properly. If it works then it may be your thermoswitch. I believe you can even take a paper clip, unplug the thermoswitch and loop it to see if it works. GL
Old 05-15-2007, 05:47 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just removed the metal part and ran the hose straight into the intake, and replaced the valve cover end(pcv or something) with one of those little filters.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not entirely clear from your wording how you have this set up. Can you explain it a bit further, perhaps with a photo. If this is all you changed, I think you made a mistake when installing the hoses. Why not try putting everything back the way it was to see if that alleviates the problem?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When you removed the metal thing from your intake, one part of that metal piece whet in the stock intake itself and one part had a hose that went to the Valve cover. Sounds like you took care of that piece, there are also 2 more hoses that run to that metal part also. Those 2 other hoses are coolant hoses, have you checked that out? Look and see if you dont have 2 coolant hoses just sitting there not connected. That could be your problem! Just trying to help out cause I have removed that metal thing also.

PS: The metal piece is 2 lines welded together with 4 ends. One end of one line went to the intake and the other end of that line went to the valve cover. The other line had coolant hoses connected to the ends of it. (cant remember where those hoses went)
Old 05-15-2007, 10:21 AM

alright i was waiting to today to start troubleshooting, i am bout to go put the old peice back on, but here is the after pics of what i am doing, i am aware of what boh lines do, and i am doing this to eliminate the hot line going into the intake here are some more clear pics of what did.....

the new hose.....(u can see where the hermostat thing s geting blwn buy where ever the leak is)

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM

DID YOU USE THE BLEEDER VALVE TO MAKE SURE THE IS NO AIR IN THE SYSTEM?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 PM

ok fixed! it was a fucken clamp it wasnt seated correctly....