Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

OT: My own oops coulda fuct me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: My own oops coulda fuct me!

Hey whats up guys, heres my dumb story. Dont know how i managed to do this but it wont ever happen again. I got outta my car yesterday and walked to class. Im sitting in class when i just happen to check my pockets and all i have is my key chain....with no keys...no keyless entry...and no autolock key. My keychain is one of those types with the little swinging piece that opens up kinda like a gate from the inside. Well what happened is that little arm (gate) somehow got on the outside and when i pulled my keys outta of my pocket to relock my vehicle...they all slipped off putting them back into my pocket. So i jump up outta my seat, leave class and start frantically retracing my path i walked to class. Of course i found them all laying all within about 10 yards of my car each in a different location though. Me , guess that coulda been a lot worse though huh. I mean its not like i knew thieves were coming for my car and i just helped them that much more, but losing keys woulda have still made me nervous all the time. All comments welcome. Have a good one guys....dont let this happen to you!

Modified by B18C-Rsi at 2:49 PM 4/21/2004
Old 04-21-2004, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OT: My own oops coulda fuct me! (B18C-Rsi)

:homersimpsonvoice: DOH!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: My own oops coulda fuct me! (punku10)

yeah right on man....i was real scared when i looked at an empty key chain.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:52 AM

its ok man i locked my keys in my car the other day at the gas station while it was running.... DOH!... boy did i feel dumb

it was like the second day i had the car out after winter and i forgot about the auto lock mechanizm and i got out of the car to go check to make sure my rad fan was working cause i had trouble with it before i put it away for the winter... shut my door and made it to about my front left wheel before it hit me jumped back tried to grab the handle and "sound of auto door lock" **** so i had to call my old man and have him drive to the gas station with my extra key....
Old 04-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Louie_EM1

Default Re: OT: My own oops coulda fuct me! (punku10)

Lol, man I bet you were happy to find them.
Anyways I always keep a spare key on the car
Old 04-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: OT: My own oops coulda fuct me! (Louie_EM1)

Hey atleast you found your keys and the car was still there.

I remember a couple months back this guy lost his wallet with some 300 dollars in it. But i think a couple days later some dude found it and gave it back. So that story didnt really have a purpose. But atleast your cars still there.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: My own oops coulda fuct me! (Louie_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Louie_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lol, man I bet you were happy to find them.
Anyways I always keep a spare key on the car </TD></TR></TABLE>

I did that for a while but thought maybe it wasnt the best idea. Yeah i was pretty glad to see those things layin on the ground. I have a spare key but i the one on my key chain is the original and thats the only one. Plus like i stated previoulsy i would have just been jacked had i had the thought lingering in my head that somebody had a key to my car you know.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I lose my keys alot too, but the scariest thing is when I go into a place like wal-mart and come out to my parking isle and can't see my car because it's so low...I immediately think somebody stole it, Freaks me out everytime
Old 04-21-2004, 07:15 AM
rxse7n

These keychain things suck. I dont use them just because keys do fall off them a lot.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:37 AM
amy

Default Re: OT: My own oops coulda fuct me! (Infamous_Imports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Infamous_Imports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but the scariest thing is when I go into a place like wal-mart and come out to my parking isle and can't see my car because it's so low...I immediately think somebody stole it, Freaks me out everytime </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol me too^^^

i always think i lose my keys cause when im in school i just throw in my school bag and i can never find em cause theres so many fold/pocket things and i start to panic and then i always find em... unless of course i locked em in the car... thank god i usually have a spare with me
Old 04-21-2004, 10:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Infamous_Imports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I lose my keys alot too, but the scariest thing is when I go into a place like wal-mart and come out to my parking isle and can't see my car because it's so low...I immediately think somebody stole it, Freaks me out everytime </TD></TR></TABLE>

hell ya, **** my car even hides behind small compact cars too, scary as hell.

glad you found your keys though
Old 04-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Infamous_Imports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I lose my keys alot too, but the scariest thing is when I go into a place like wal-mart and come out to my parking isle and can't see my car because it's so low...I immediately think somebody stole it, Freaks me out everytime </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man i so know exactly what you are talking about. I do exactly that, all the time. I always do that at school and usually park in the same spot and even though i should know better i still freak out untill i finally see the rear still there. Thats funny we do that.