Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other.................

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other.................

Well my set up right now consists of a 93 obd 1 gsr motor w/ ctr intake cam, 70mm TB, S2 intake manifold ported to the TB, 270 rc injectors S2 cam gears.. JDM type R headers JERRY BUILT chipped p28. Type R LSD tranny W/ act 6 puck with springs Running on MT street radials. Well ive been thinking about boosting it, but its a maybe. I already have My t3/t4 ball bearing turbo. and other accesories. Wanted peoples opinion if i should either boost it or keep it an all motor.

Also I havent been able to tune my car yet. Does anyone have a rough idea of what HP im doing with my current setup. I will be doing the tune on it in the next 2 weeks.

My hatch is a 93 SI. Been gutting it out lately. Has All A/C and heater components under the dash out. No rear seats. No front and rear bumper supports. All rear seat belts are gone. CF hood, CFtrunk,CF duck bill.(i know CF does a little diff.) Any other opinions about weight reduction??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please keep negativity out!!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other................. (EG6-baybee)

Old 12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other................. (EG6-baybee)

Boost it. Strap that turbo kit on and run 10psi. You'll love 300whp of boost.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:41 PM

depends if you want the beauty or the beast...boost it if you want a monster...or buy a S-charger to make a sleeper...
Old 12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other................. (SpoolnG2)

yeah i wouldnt try and pull to much more than 300-315 out of a relatively stock motor. it starts to get sketch much after that.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other................. (nogohatch)

If you can afford to fix your car if anything breaks,boost it.If not,keep what you have or build the motor and then boost it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other................. (nogohatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1EK1EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you can afford to fix your car if anything breaks,boost it.If not,keep what you have or build the motor and then boost it. Just my 2 cents. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah thats what i was thinking. I was thinking about doing it next year. Imnot completely sure of wheter i want to go to boost or not. but just sounds to have an all motor car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Boost it. Strap that turbo kit on and run 10psi. You'll love 300whp of boost. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn sounds so tempting...........
Old 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was in the same boat as you.I had always wanted to boost my hatch and I had it all planned out.I did alot of research and alot of financial research.I was hoping to get around 300 hp out of a stock motor and have so much fun with it.After reading turbo "horror" stories and realizing how much I would be spending I realized turbo was not for me and I would take the all motor route. Getting the parts and getting everything installed wasnt really the issue,I just figured that if I was going to spend roughly 3grand on a turbo kit,and good tune then I wouldnt have much money to spend if the motor was to run into problems. A wise man once told me that if you cant afford the upkeep of turbo, dont do it. Its really tough because there are so many different options and set ups you could go with. I would just be patient and do some research and ask alot of questions.I wish you luck with whatever you decide.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Opinions on boosting my 93 Hatch and other................. (1EK1EG)

Damn, i definitely agree with u!!! Had the same thing in my head!!! thanks alot for the advice!!!!!