Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Opinion on Suspension

Old 02-11-2019, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Opinion on Suspension

I am in the process of restoring an EG SI. I am going to completely re-do the suspension on the car and am trying to figure out what way I want to go - replace all the bushings or just replace the entire part.

I can get a whole front end kit from Mevotech or similar for like $400-$500...OR... i can take it all apart and just put new bushings in. I am not 100% sure of the state of most of the suspension parts (if LCA's or UCA's are bent etc.), they look fine but I haven't had this thing aligned since I bought it.

Putting money aside, which way would you proceed? All new parts? Or just re-bush it?

If you suggest replace it all, which brand would you recommend. (NOTE: I am not going for a full-race setup, I want a balance of comfort and performance).
Old 02-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinion on Suspension

nothing technical here...all opinionated.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have a press or a balljoint c-clamp with corect cups, I would just replace all bushings with OEM Honda.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

bushings. balljoints. tie rod ends.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: