Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

opinion about magazine !!

Old 08-09-2001, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion about magazine !!

me personally dislike super street .. after reading its article of WRC racing ...

they wrote .. WRC stand for ... world rally cross .... which really was world rally championship ...

they also wrote ... carol sainz ... a great driver ... was colin mcrae CO-DRIVER !!!
that is the point where pisses me off the most ....

carol sainz is a great driver .. and he is colin mcrae TEAM MATE !!!!!

sorry about that .. i just need to let off some steam after reading that from my frd house ...

and i found SCC technical article very interesting ...

Old 08-09-2001, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (BAR-F1)

I always found Super Street to be light and funny. It is a cool mag. It is like a mag that my friends and I would make. You have to take it for what it is. They have cool pictures and they make me laugh.

Sport Compact Car is more serious and is much more informative.

If you want silly pick up Max Power UK. They hold nothing back. They cut guys up who are posers.
Old 08-09-2001, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (StanBo)

Not to mention Max Power UK has like fifteen ******* and the occasional pube shot on every other page...those UK broads are skanky! But I like their style!
Old 08-09-2001, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (MugenHondaFormula1)

MAX power UK .. never read about them ...

i will check it out ....

i like SCC being serious ...

that y i personally like ti better ...
Old 08-09-2001, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I personally like both SCC and Super Street, that's why i have subscriptions to them both. I can't stand Import Tuner, it's such a waste of paper, all i have ever seen in there is basically "riced out" show cars, it's like a teeny bopper mag for all the little ricers to look up too!!
Old 08-10-2001, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (Blue-Civic-Hybrid)

The only gripe I can have with scc is that they reprint alot of their articles in european car. They were comparing the si to the 1.8t for a while there and the same articles were printed in the seperate mags. It seemed like scc favored the si and ec favored the 1.8t.

MAX power uk is the best. I want to run gtgs like they have over there. Burnouts, chicks and hot cars.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:03 AM
New User

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (MugenHondaFormula1)

Quote "Not to mention Max Power UK has like fifteen ******* and the occasional pube shot on every other page...those UK broads are skanky! But I like their style!"

How do they manage that? 7.5 chicks per page or is one on the fold with a tit on each page? Or maybe one is half behind a car?

LOL. Sorry i just couldn't resist. Max Power is a borderline **** mag but it is entertaining.

SCC tries to be the Car & Driver of the import world and occasionally they come close. They do seem to be the only ones who try to check their information and they did have a really good article this month on swapping the H22 into a 5G civic.

Mike
Old 08-11-2001, 11:41 AM
New User

I think that SCC is pretty good, considering that no other import magazine is as technical as they are. I read SCC cover to cover every month.

I do not buy SuperStreet, only occasionally will I pick it up. Recently the mags have been really big in terms of the number of pages, and I will look through them in the grocery store. If there is something in there that stands out, then I will buy it, but I wouldn't read it for the tech. articles. JDM Wong does pretty good JDM car write ups though, and in terms of JDM cars and pics, only Option2 is better. (However, I can't read Japanese, but the pictures are cool )

Import Tuner sucks really bad, unless you are into the all show crap.

My favorite car magazine is Grass Roots Motorsports. It is a magazine about SCCA racing and they are about all go and no show. Really good tech. as well. See them on the web at http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Old 08-12-2001, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (accord55)

SCC is an excellent magazine--very nuts-and-bolts oriented. Sometimes they are a little behind on trends, but if you don't follow trends then that doesn't matter. Their diversity of cars is also the best of the bunch.

Super Street has improved vastly over the past few years. While they've latched onto the JDM thing in a big way, it's made cool iron show up on their pages. I like the humor, too. Their writers are pretty loose. I'm srure they'll take a beating for their f'ed up rally info.

Aside from their dyno results section, Import Tuner makes me want to cry. I hate the show scene, but I guess to their 18-year old demographic this mag is PhAt yO!!!

UK Max Power is what Super Street would be like without any boundaries. Gotta dig the tit shots

Don't forget Grassroots Motorsports! They cover a HUGE range of cars and they are VERY no-nonsense in terms of technical info. No show cars here--strictly performance. They are the big autocross mag (for those who've never seen it) and they cover all sorts of other racing, too.

I subscribe to SS and SCC and buy whatever off the stands.
Old 08-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (gamby)

I have to get a second subscription to Grassroots. I wear the one I get out. They are doing a series that we should all be interested in. They are chronicling a beginning racer. They have great info.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion about magazine !! (StanBo)

My opinion about super street is ..... it is a great starter magizine. For all people wanting to buy a focus and try and hook it up. [IMG][/IMG]